Pinstripe Bowl ticket sales update

ChrisMWilliams

Publisher
Staff member
Bookie
Apr 10, 2006
Bondurant, Iowa
www.CycloneFanatic.com
According to Iowa State, the university has distributed more than 4,800 tickets to the Pinstripe Bowl. The recent promotion for fans to buy and donate tickets to charity has boosted sales by nearly 200 over the last 36 hours.

If you want to purchase tickets from Iowa State, you have until noon tomorrow to do so.

Jeffreyisu

Apr 23, 2008
West Des Moines, IA
So, whats everyone's opinion of our attendance now? We have almost sold out allotment of 5000 tickets out and its 9 days until game day in NYC. Does everyone think this is a weak, average or strong showing everything considered?

rebecacy

Jan 31, 2007
So, whats everyone's opinion of our attendance now? We have almost sold out allotment of 5000 tickets out and its 9 days until game day in NYC. Does everyone think this is a weak, average or strong showing everything considered?
Its gonna be a blast and there will be quite a few CYCLONES in attendance.........getting excited already. We will be there this time next week!!!!!

erikbj

Aug 31, 2006
hiawatha, ia
solid considering you are paying a lot of money to watch a football game outside in NYC on Dec 30th.

Better than 10 tickets (see Nevada)

RayShimley

Sep 9, 2008
White Bear Lake, MN
With a lot of people only predicting 2-3k ISU fans travelling to NYC I'd say that is pretty damn good. Also, you have to assume a lot of people are purchasing cheaper tickets directly through the bowl.

Stumpy

Apr 10, 2006
Tucson, AZ
With a lot of people only predicting 2-3k ISU fans travelling to NYC I'd say that is pretty damn good. Also, you have to assume a lot of people are purchasing cheaper tickets directly through the bowl.

Agreed. It's not as impressive as some of other bowl numbers; however, once you take into account cost and climate of NYC at New Years and add those who aren't purchasing through Iowa State it should be considered a successful turnout.

Cyviking

Dec 2, 2011
I bought my ticket. :smile:
Unfortunatly I wont be attending the game but I wanted to do my part to help ISU sell its tickets.

I think it will be a nice little piece of ISU memorabilia to have in a few years when the Big 12 cuts ties with the Pinstripe Bowl. This is possibly ISUs only time to ever get to play in this Bowl.

twojman

Jun 1, 2006
Clive
As far as comparisons you need to see how other Big 12 were represented in previous games. They need to stop this talk of teams only sold x tickets when that is not true, they only sold x of their allotment. Fans will save $50 - $60 where possible per ticket. In most places you can have a good night out with that savings, I realize New York is not that place.

Second of all, why is the Big 12 involved in this game?