Pi$$ed Off Japanese Minnow Farmer

sodakjoe

Sep 15, 2006
Ames via Sioux Falls, SD
Does anyone know the proper recipe for a Pi$$ed Off Japanese Minnow Farmer? Like the one they make at Welch Ave? (Which is particularly good, if you haven't tried it) I've found a couple different recipes and wondered if anyone had experience making one themselves. I'd like to share with some people at a party this weekend, so any help would be much appreciated.

The recipes I've found are:

Version 1:
1/2 oz Sweet and Sour
1/4 oz Raspberry Liqueur
1/4 oz Gin
1/4 oz Melon Liqueur
1/4 oz Rum
1/4 oz Tequila Silver
1/4 oz Vodka

Shake vigorously all the liquors with ice and strain into a highball glass over ice cubes.

Version 2:
1/2 oz Vodka
1/2 oz Peach Schnapps
1/2 oz Amaretto
1/2 oz Raspberry Schnapps
1/2 oz Melon Liqueur
2-4 oz Sweet and Sour
2-4 oz Cranberry Juice

Mix alcohol except Melon and equal parts Sweet and Sour and Cranberry Juice to fill the glass, shake, serve over ice with Melon added to the top. Serve with a cherry to make it pretty, if you like.

Either of these sound right? Opinions?

Thanks!

whirlybirds

Oct 25, 2007
Knoxville, IA
Marijuana! Marijuana is not a drug….. Have you ever sucked a (fill in the word) for marijuana? I have!!! - Bob Saget (Half Baked)

LowballLuke

Jan 25, 2008
Ames, IA
That drink brings back bad memories! That was the drink I finished the night off with after a long day of heavy boozin' a few months back! It tasted pretty good going down but an hour later it came back up along with everything else I ate that day!

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
I think it has about as high of an alcohol content as any drink in the place. When I asked what I should get for my free drink one time on my birthday there, they said to get that because it had the highest number of shots in it. Enjoy.

ajjohnson

Sep 25, 2006
Marijuana! Marijuana is not a drug….. Have you ever sucked a (fill in the word) for marijuana? I have!!! - Bob Saget (Half Baked)

That Bob Saget special was the worst stand up I have ever seen. I turned it off, it was absolutely horrible.

ColoradoClone

Apr 6, 2006
I think it has about as high of an alcohol content as any drink in the place. When I asked what I should get for my free drink one time on my birthday there, they said to get that because it had the highest number of shots in it. Enjoy.

That was my free drink there on my 21st birthday as well.

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
FP1259-480px.jpg

keepngoal

OKA: keepingoal
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 20, 2006
Version 1:
1/2 oz Sweet and Sour
1/4 oz Raspberry Liqueur
1/4 oz Gin
1/4 oz Melon Liqueur
1/4 oz Rum
1/4 oz Tequila Silver
1/4 oz Vodka

Shake vigorously all the liquors with ice and strain into a highball glass over ice cubes.

Version 2:
1/2 oz Vodka
1/2 oz Peach Schnapps
1/2 oz Amaretto
1/2 oz Raspberry Schnapps
1/2 oz Melon Liqueur
2-4 oz Sweet and Sour
2-4 oz Cranberry Juice

The items in bold are unique to each drink (minus vodka.. hard to taste that). Do any of those flavors ring a bell on what the drink tastes like?

The Amaretto and Tequila seem the most obvious to identify. Gin too now that I take another look at it.

It sounds like a tasty drink. I may have to move a few bottles around to get to the other dusty bottles this recipe calls for (Rum is always up front in my house)

-keep.

sodakjoe

Sep 15, 2006
Ames via Sioux Falls, SD
The items in bold are unique to each drink (minus vodka.. hard to taste that). Do any of those flavors ring a bell on what the drink tastes like?

The Amaretto and Tequila seem the most obvious to identify. Gin too now that I take another look at it.

It sounds like a tasty drink. I may have to move a few bottles around to get to the other dusty bottles this recipe calls for (Rum is always up front in my house)

-keep.

Well, the only problem is the only couple times i've had this drink, my taste buds were...well, not 100% effective. I remember the cranberry fruity-ness of the drink, and it was quite tasty, but as for deciphering particular flavors, not so much.

keepngoal

OKA: keepingoal
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 20, 2006
Well, the only problem is the only couple times i've had this drink, my taste buds were...well, not 100% effective. I remember the cranberry fruity-ness of the drink, and it was quite tasty, but as for deciphering particular flavors, not so much.

if you remember the cranberry... it has to be the second recipe. Unless that is the raspberry talkin'.:no:

-keep.

Flag Guy

Mar 2, 2007
I'm inclined to say the 2nd (I don't remember the taste of gin or tequilia, and the drink is pretty fruity) but there is so much in it that it's hard to tell.

Damn good drink (as is the traveling wilderberry or whatever), if you're ever on Welch I recommend stopping at WAS and having one (or two... much more than 3 or 4 watch out :wink:)

scottie33

Nov 25, 2006
Ames, Iowa
I'm not a fan of hard alcohol, however, I do drink it occasionly for some good shot taking.

I always - keep. in mind "liqour before beer, your in the clear. Beer before liqour, you've never been sicker" I can drink a lot of beer, but the moment I have a horrid shot, there goes all my intake of alcohol lol

notice the - keep. in the sentence!! givin ya a hard time

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
I think Welch Ave. Station has the best mixed drinked in town. This drink is great and their long islands are REALLY good. Used to be $1 daquiri night for awhile on Thursdays. They were somewhat weak but they tasted great and were just $1.

sodakjoe

Sep 15, 2006
Ames via Sioux Falls, SD
I think Welch Ave. Station has the best mixed drinked in town. This drink is great and their long islands are REALLY good. Used to be $1 daquiri night for awhile on Thursdays. They were somewhat weak but they tasted great and were just $1.

I agree. This is one of the best tasting mixed drinks I've had, especially considering the immense amount of alcohol involved in making it.