Petition to ban Hawks from "cyclone" fanatic

URBCLONE

Mar 26, 2006
Urbandale
Tell that to the kids on the team. After everything that the ISU football program has been through, I doubt any of the players or anyone on the coaching staff, or any of the poster on this board would consider a 6-6 ISU team mediocre.

Tell it to the 'kids' of the '76 team who were left home in a time when bowl games meant something. Oh yeah, their record 8-3.

I'll tell it to anyone who cares to listen. No postseason play for mediocrity. Don't believe in it for the NBA, NFL, or college FB. You want the rewards, earn them with superior results.

TarHeelHawk

Oct 22, 2008
W. Des Moines
Tell it to the 'kids' of the '76 team who were left home in a time when bowl games meant something. Oh yeah, their record 8-3.

I'll tell it to anyone who cares to listen. No postseason play for mediocrity. Don't believe in it for the NBA, NFL, or college FB. You want the rewards, earn them with superior results.

That being said, will you be on here preaching if ISU goes 6-6 next season and gets a bowl bid? How about 7-5? What is your minimum acceptable record for a bowl bid?

BvK1126

Apr 12, 2007
Denver, CO
And I must have missed the part of this thread that specifically said to ban only those three. Heard of the bad apples which spoil the bunch?
Great. So we should kick out every Iowa fan who posts here just because you don't like what a couple of Hawk trolls have said? I've already addressed that issue earlier in this thread, and I stand by those words:

Most of the Hawk posters around here have been at CF for quite a while and have proven themselves to be "good citizens." We may not all agree with their rooting preferences, but most add a good balance of perspectives to this site that I think is valuable. Like others have already said, the trolls are quickly banned. The ones with something worthwhile to say have earned themselves a place here.

Anyway, back to what you were saying...
For every decent Iowa fan I've met in my life, I've met about 10 more that are total jerks.
Why do I suspect those Hawk fans might say the same thing about you? :biglaugh: Funny, in my experience, for every total jerk Iowa fan I meet, I meet about 10 more that are totally decent people. Strange thing I've learned in life... people tend to treat you the same way you treat them. It seems to even work with Iowa fans! :eek:

Reactions: TarHeelHawk

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Oh hell who cares if they are on here! They obviously have no life :smile:. If they did they wouldnt be trolling around on OUR site, so I would think that would make you feel good that you dont stoop to there level:biglaugh:
Hawk fan = :eek:

URBCLONE

Mar 26, 2006
Urbandale
Anyway, back to what you were saying...

Why do I suspect those Hawk fans might say the same thing about you? :biglaugh: Funny, in my experience, for every total jerk Iowa fan I meet, I meet about 10 more that are totally decent people. Strange thing I've learned in life... people tend to treat you the same way you treat them. It seems to even work with Iowa fans! :eek:

Oh really, you mean like the UI fan who told me to 'go farm' when he saw me at the ISU - UI game in '05 and said this to me without me saying a word?

How about the guy who on the first day I ever met him told me that ISU was made up of a bunch of criminals this after merely hearing that I had graduated from ISU? Of course, he had no degree.

How about the guy who spotted my ISU sticker on my car and stood up and stared me and my wife down as we were going to look at an open house? Again, I never said a d-mn thing to him. Only on leaving did I notice his big black Hemi with the hawk sticker.

Just a few examples... But since you and many others on here are more interested in being pals with your beloved hawk buddies, do me a favor and just hit the ignore feature on my posts.

URBCLONE

Mar 26, 2006
Urbandale
That being said, will you be on here preaching if ISU goes 6-6 next season and gets a bowl bid? How about 7-5? What is your minimum acceptable record for a bowl bid?

On a 12 game schedule? 7 wins is still mediocrity, but should be the bare minimum. I am in favor of a 16 team playoff so we can have a true national champion. If the rest of these minor bowls want to continue and play their exhibition games and try to lure travelers over Christmas and New Year's, so be it.

BvK1126

Apr 12, 2007
Denver, CO
Oh really, you mean like the UI fan who told me to 'go farm' when he saw me at the ISU - UI game in '05 and said this to me without me saying a word?

How about the guy who on the first day I ever met him told me that ISU was made up of a bunch of criminals this after merely hearing that I had graduated from ISU? Of course, he had no degree.

How about the guy who spotted my ISU sticker on my car and stood up and stared me and my wife down as we were going to look at an open house? Again, I never said a d-mn thing to him. Only on leaving did I notice his big black Hemi with the hawk sticker.
We all have stories about idiot Iowa fans. I have plenty, too. But I also have plenty of stories of good, decent people -- fellow Iowans -- who just happen to root for a different team than I do. If you ever thought about removing that 1000-pound cinder block from your shoulder, you might start noticing a few of those kinds of stories yourself.

And since we're on the subject, I can tell you plenty of stories of Iowa State fans being complete jackasses, too. One of my favorites involves hanging out with some Iowa fans at a tailgate outside of Jack Trice several years ago. A bunch of Iowa State fans came up to the family's daughter -- a young adolescent girl -- and started calling her a ***** (and other names that Jeremy's language filter won't allow me to mention) because she was wearing black and gold. Right in front of her parents, mind you! I've got plenty of other stories of so-called "Cyclone fans" making me embarrassed to be wearing the same colors as they were, but you get my point. Every fan-base -- including Iowa State's -- has good fans as well as its share of idiots. But MOST people -- whether they're Iowa fans, Nebraska fans, Cylcone fans, whatever -- will treat you the way you treat them.

But since you and many others on here are more interested in being pals with your beloved hawk buddies, do me a favor and just hit the ignore feature on my posts.

Well, since you asked so nicely... :yes: Congratulations on being the first person on my ignore list! :notworthy:

Cyclone62

Feb 1, 2007
Oldpeopleville
Does anyone else find tarheel's sig hilarious?

I can't stop laughing at it because I bet our own "towel boy" looks the same way on TV.

Todd Blythe

Sep 24, 2006
petition to quit wasting a thread on banning hawk fans? they are accomplishing exactly what they want by people creating threads like this

bellzisu

Apr 15, 2006
Norwalk
Make it pay site problem solved oh yeah you are a cheap skate

Are you telling Jeremy to make it a pay site???

Would you still be on it then???

I think there are too many ignorant Cyclone fans on this site... I've seen terrible fans on both side. Don't kid yourself.

Urbclone....

And I'm sure the Hawk guy stared you down because your car had an ISU sticker and not because he was wondering who could possibly be moving in next to him. I do the same thing to people who look at the house next to me for sale. I don't care who they root for. I just wanna know who might be my new neighbor. Hey, but since your a Cyclone and he is a Hawk, you might as well be paranoid about it.

Last edited:
Reactions: SplitIdentity

kingcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2006
Menlo, Iowa
No one should be banned no matter what their opinion is. What fun would it be if we all thought the same? We come here to see different view points, some are out there, some are too high and some are too low. The only thing that needs to be slowed is personal attack after personal attack by some.

Reactions: Palmer

URBCLONE

Mar 26, 2006
Urbandale
Are you telling Jeremy to make it a pay site???

Would you still be on it then???

I think there are too many ignorant Cyclone fans on this site... I've seen terrible fans on both side. Don't kid yourself.

Urbclone....

And I'm sure the Hawk guy stared you down because your car had an ISU sticker and not because he was wondering who could possibly be moving in next to him. I do the same thing to people who look at the house next to me for sale. I don't care who they root for. I just wanna know who might be my new neighbor. Hey, but since your a Cyclone and he is a Hawk, you might as well be paranoid about it.

Nice try BUT.... He was there to look at the open house as well.

bellzisu

Apr 15, 2006
Norwalk
Nice try BUT.... He was there to look at the open house as well.

See... When you tell a story, there are details you should include in it. Him being there at the open house looking too, could probably be one you should add. Otherwise, people like me, will assume it was a person living nearby trying to see who is looking at the house.

Gosh the nerve of some Cyclone fans.... My experience with them is terrible after this situation. How will life ever go on with the prejudice being shown by some. Thats it... Since some fans have to act like Hawk fans, I want to be know forever as BELLZUNI..:jimlad:

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron