NFL: Percy Harvin MAD at Fraizer.

cyguytillidie

Feb 9, 2010
Des Moines
I'm going to the game this week though. Pretty excited!
Hopefully the Lions don't give up two return touchdowns again.

SWCy13

Nov 14, 2011
Ponder is god awful. He doesn't even look remotely like an NFL QB. I feel bad for Adrian Peterson...best runningback the NFL's seen in a looooooong time and he's going to waste his career with the Vikes. And I'm a Viking fan. And yes I'm negative about the Vikings, comes with the territory.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
Ponder started off really well and now he is dangerously close to being mentioned in the same sentence as Cassel.
I really don't understand it. He seems to only throw 1 yard passes. Are the wide receivers so bad that they can't get open or is he just not seeing them ?

bobh33

Apr 11, 2006
My exact thoughts on the Vikings passing game! It boggles my mind that the only rare time they do go downfield is that stupid fade route down the sidelines? I think they are stacking the line so much for tight end pass protection and the beloved bubble screen that they are only sending two receivers down the field to be covered by 4 guys. I also agree that Ponder does not have that "moxie" to hang in the pocket and just be a gunslinger. When you have AP & Harvin, that should ridiculously open up the passing game!!!!

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
Spielman needs to go, and go soon. Hopefully before he screws up another draft.

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
Spielman needs to go, and go soon. Hopefully before he screws up another draft.

what drafts has he really screwed up? He's been with the team since 2006, and in that time, they've had pretty good drafts. The only one that sticks out as being poor is 2010 with no solid starter coming as a result, but some decent contributors in Chris Cook, Everson Griffen and Toby Gerhart

Other than that, here are the highlights (guys who were successful or still on the roster)
2006- Chad Greenway, Cedric Griffin, Ray Edwards.
2007- Adrian Peterson, Sidney Rice, Brian Robison
2008- Letroy Guion, John Sullivan
2009- Percy Harvin, Jasper Brinkley, Phil Loadholt, Jamarca Sanford
2010- Chris Cook, Toby Gerhart, Everson Griffen, Joe Webb
2011- Kyle Rudolph, Christian Ballard, Mistral Raymond, Brandon Fusco.
2012- Matt Kalil, Harrison Smith

Which one of those drafts did he "screw up"?

Clones21

Jan 20, 2008
Des Moines
what drafts has he really screwed up? He's been with the team since 2006, and in that time, they've had pretty good drafts. The only one that sticks out as being poor is 2010 with no solid starter coming as a result, but some decent contributors in Chris Cook, Everson Griffen and Toby Gerhart

Other than that, here are the highlights (guys who were successful or still on the roster)
2006- Chad Greenway, Cedric Griffin, Ray Edwards.
2007- Adrian Peterson, Sidney Rice, Brian Robison
2008- Letroy Guion, John Sullivan
2009- Percy Harvin, Jasper Brinkley, Phil Loadholt, Jamarca Sanford
2010- Chris Cook, Toby Gerhart, Everson Griffen, Joe Webb
2011- Kyle Rudolph, Christian Ballard, Mistral Raymond, Brandon Fusco.
2012- Matt Kalil, Harrison Smith

Which one of those drafts did he "screw up"?

2010 isn't looking good yet. 2011 may not be good either. Rudolph hasn't proven himself yet, because he still drops alot of passes.

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
2010 isn't looking good yet. 2011 may not be good either. Rudolph hasn't proven himself yet, because he still drops alot of passes.

but both of those classes have produced multiple players who are getting still getting playing time. They're young. Still early to be declaring them "screwed up" at this point.

Additionally, Kyle Rudolph is third amongst tight ends, in scoring, this year. He's not Tony Gonzalez, but he's hardly a bust by any stretch of the imagination.

Last edited: