Penn State wins 89th Match

coachdags

Speechless
Bookie
Mar 30, 2006
N.Dakota
PSU won it's 89th match in a row tonite against Wisconsin. This beats John Wooden's UCLA 88 game wining streak to move into 4th place all time streaks in D1, NCAA.

I would love for ISU women to get a shot at PSU, just to see what we could do...:wink:

NETransplant

Dec 13, 2008
Tucson, AZ
Watching them play is crazy. I've seen some really good volleyball teams during my lifetime (my family's had season tickets to the Nebraska games for as long as I can remember) and PSU is something else. They're pretty much a machine.

twistedredbird

Apr 26, 2008
Midwest
Wonder why the National Champions from last year scheduled a non-conference schedule that is so very weak. Though the Big 10 does seem to be stronger this year with IL, Mich, and MN. I give credit to CJL for scheduling non-conference tourney teams.

Though, I think the Big 12 and Pac 10 are tougher leagues top to bottom.

The tourney should be interesting this year. Is the Big 10 as good as it is ranked? Has the Pac 10 fallen that much? And is the Big 12 as strong as I think it is?

Texas is really tough, but I think ISU exposed that although Hooker is probably the best offensive player in volleyball, she isn't a great defensive player. She sure missed a lot of passes and had a lot of errors in the back row.