Pearl Jam Destination Weekend - Alpine Valley

isukendall

Nov 30, 2006
Fort Collins, CO
Who's going?

I'd love to, but this is the first Labor Day where I don't have a wedding in about five years, plus it's a long ways to Chicago then up to Alpine. However, if I lived in Chicago or anywhere in Iowa, I'd definitely think about this?

PJ20 Destination Weekend

AllIowaTeams

Jun 10, 2010
Grimes
I am planning on going for both days. They're my favorite band by far, and that is a fun venue to see a show at. I saw Radiohead there years ago. It will be a pricey trip though. Off the top of my head I think that reserved seats are $89 for each day. Factor in gas, food, drinks, and whatever else and it could push $400 by the time the trip is over.

jkeppy

Apr 12, 2006
Bettendorf, IA
Alpine Valley is an amazing venue for big shows like PJ.
Saw them there on back to back nights in 1998 and on the life events list, I'd rank them right behind my wedding day and the births of my kids!

Last edited:

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
I'm planning on going Sunday.

ISU home opener Saturday, Pearl Jam and QOTSA @ Alpine Valley Sunday. That's what I call a good weekend.

fatkid1974

Apr 3, 2010
van down by the river
I went to PJ in Alpine Valley in 2004. Epic. Allow time for tailgating, ISU style. I had reserved seats under the awning for $50, sure it'll be quite a bit more now. Contact high included in price if you sit on the hill. Only downfall was $7 beer, can't imagine what they will charge now.