Paul Rhoads as Ohio State DC?

khardbored

Oct 20, 2012
Middle of the Midwest
His tenure with the Cyclones came to an end after blowing a 21-point lead to Kansas State in the final week of the season, which allowed the Wildcats to finish the year bowl eligible.

Thanks for reminding us!

Also, it was the 2nd to last game of the season, not the final week.

• Winner
Reactions: aauummm

CrossCyed

Mar 30, 2006
Rhoads spent one season as the defensive coordinator at Arizona in 2020 under head coach Kevin Sumlin before Sumlin was fired by the school this year. The Wildcats ranked 116th out of 127 teams in total defense, giving up 473 yards per game and 120th in scoring defense, allowing 39.8 points per game.

harimad

Jul 28, 2016
Illinois
Sure, he wasn't the best coach in the history of Iowa State football. But the man is a Cyclone through and through, and it isn't like he was trying to wreck the program. I don't understand the glee some of you seem to feel when throwing your insults his way.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Sure, he wasn't the best coach in the history of Iowa State football. But the man is a Cyclone through and through, and it isn't like he was trying to wreck the program. I don't understand the glee some of you seem to feel when throwing your insults his way.
There's a difference between glee and truth.
Paul Rhoads is a great guy for sure, that doesn't make him a great coach.

SECyclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 29, 2011
Pella
He knows defense he just couldn’t recruit or get a staff that could. Right now he’s somewhere that gets elite talent and probably the best role for him.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
There's a difference between glee and truth.
Paul Rhoads is a great guy for sure, that doesn't make him a great coach.
I think many times coaches shoot themselves in the foot because they have a little early success and when a couple assistants leave they get a little nervous and do some non typical things. Many coaches have a little lull around 4-6 years after the initial pop and if they just stay the course and weather it, they usually turn out for the best.

Reactions: JP4CY

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron