Paul Haynes? Rumor started by football scoop that may or may not be true

Iastfan112

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 14, 2006
Was a defensive position coach(and co-DC one year) under Jim Heacock, Jon's brother, while at OSU. I'm guessing the family connection is a big reason for him coming here.

KennyPratt42

The Legend
Jan 13, 2017
That's a very good hire for associate head coach and a position coach. (The role that Ayeni had.)

Would have to assume he will be a position coach on the defensive side of the ball.

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
11 different location jobs in 24 years. I'd hate not being able to settle down.

Welcome, coach. Hope you've found a place to stay!

Reactions: Dandy

jdcyclone19

Apr 14, 2017
Iowa
I hope he is better than his previous record shows as a head coach. He has worked with a lot of other P5 programs which is nice. Especially tOSU, Arkansas and MSU. A solid resume but as others had mentioned he moved around a lot but is that the way it goes for non coordinator and coaching positions?

I trust Campbell. Welcome to cyclONE nation!

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
I hope he is better than his previous record shows as a head coach. He has worked with a lot of other P5 programs which is nice. Especially tOSU, Arkansas and MSU. A solid resume but as others had mentioned he moved around a lot but is that the way it goes for non coordinator and coaching positions?

Not a concern at all. We didn’t hire him as a head coach.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008

Well obviously he wouldn't be coming here if he had been successful at Kent State. That's a non concern.

A lot of position coach and coordinators move around frequently. That isn't especially surprising or concerning.

• Informative
Reactions: jdcyclone19

3GenClone

Jun 28, 2009
Des Moines
Per Football Scoop:

Iowa State: Source tells FootballScoop former Kent State head coach Paul Haynes is expected to join Iowa State’s staff. Haynes had an offer to join Cincinnati’s staff as well; and potentially others we heard; but sources tell us he is expected to join the Iowa State staff now.

tolfbfan

Nov 29, 2015
Ohio
Saw him in action as head coach at Kent State. He had decent defenses, but offenses sucked.
Very good hire and has connections with staff that allowed for good vetting by CMC. If Heacock leaves sometime, next DC?

Reactions: cyfan21