Paul Finebaum at 2:05: More Auburn Meltdown

LeaningCy

Jan 18, 2008
OK, obviously I am the only one listening to this, but if you have nothing better to do, these callers are hilarious.

ornryactor

Jun 3, 2006
Ames
Nope, I'm on it, too. That last woman had to have been at least 85 years old, and an Alabama fan to boot, and even SHE'S calling in to say what a stupid move they made.

I love listening to these people, with the exception of how dang slow they talk. (I like how he hung up on the woman who couldn't get past "War Eagle".)

ornryactor

Jun 3, 2006
Ames
Keep trying. I had to try two or three times, but it loaded right up after that. I think their site is getting hit really hard right now.

They put a hold on the call-in segment for now, and are talking to some guy that sounds like he actually has a halfway-informed opinion.

The_Architect

Apr 11, 2006
I've been listening. They are really concerned with what Sir Charles had to say. Basically saying the Barkley just ruined Auburn recruiting today.

The discussion is now about the racism they still live with in the deep south. It's very interesting perspective and worth listening to.

LeaningCy

Jan 18, 2008
It is very interesting. Anyone else hear the caller who used to work in the athletic department at Auburn? He was promised a higher up job when he graduated, but he got into a relationship with a black woman, his future wife. He was flat out told by a superior that he was an embarrassment and that he needed to end it or leave.

He left Auburn immediately and never went back.

The_Architect

Apr 11, 2006
It is very interesting. Anyone else hear the caller who used to work in the athletic department at Auburn? He was promised a higher up job when he graduated, but he got into a relationship with a black woman, his future wife. He was flat out told by a superior that he was an embarrassment and that he needed to end it or leave.

Yeah, that was painful to listen to. :no:

Cyclonesrule91

Apr 10, 2006
Waukee

I heard that and was shocked at what he was saying. Did you also hear him talk about how it was relation of his and someone of "substantial stature" in Auburn Athletic Department that forced him to resign? I took it, and I think the radio host made the same assumption, that it is this big booster that has so much power over the Auburn AD.

They just played an audio click of some guy heckling Chizik and wanting Turner Gill. Priceless.

ornryactor

Jun 3, 2006
Ames
OH MY GOD, please tell me you guys just heard that! The letter from the president of State of the Nation (Bama fansite), followed immediately by the "leader not a loser" guy from the Auburn airport!

This is freaking hilarious. This almost makes it worth not working on my final projects...

JRE1975

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 12, 2006
Lakewood Ranch, FL
This guy actually seems much better than anything we have in the Des Moines market! He must be good, they don't have any trouble selling ads!

Cyclonesrule91

Apr 10, 2006
Waukee
Holy Smokes, I didn't understand one complete sentence this last guy just said calling in.....:confused:

He also just said before inaudible caller that he was going to be interviewing someone who followed Chizik while at ISU. Suppose it will be one of the Des Moines RAG hack sports reporters?

dustinal

Nov 14, 2006
Finebaum just mentioned that they were going to speak to "someone that covered Gene Chizik at Iowa State". Did he mention earlier who that will be?

Holy Smokes, I didn't understand one complete sentence this last guy just said calling in.....:confused:

He also just said before inaudible caller that he was going to be interviewing someone who followed Chizik while at ISU. Suppose it will be one of the Des Moines RAG hack sports reporters?

So has he interviewed this person yet? Any idea who it was?

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron