Pathetic

agcy68

Feb 9, 2007
Iowa
CDub said that we needed to make our FGs today and even that was pathetic.

Just pathetic.

CYCLNST8

Jul 19, 2008
Urbandale
www.gimikk.com
I don't get the hate for Richardson. He's one of our best players. He's doing everything he can. He had nowhere to go on that last play. That shouldn't negate the hard running he had up until that point.

Save your hate for the defense. Bottom of the barrel.

huntt26

Apr 10, 2006
po' dUnk
I don't get the hate for Richardson. He's one of our best players. He's doing everything he can. He had nowhere to go on that last play. That shouldn't negate the hard running he had up until that point.

Exactly. Sam takes a beating for this team

dirtyninety

Oct 6, 2012

Ughh.....wrong. He coudl have gotten a first down and did not have the will to. He actually slid backwards. Hell, he didn't even try to run for the first........you must have the intelligence to know to do that!!!!!!!! You are defending the indefensible. Plenty of blame to spread and it all goes back to an entirely sick program.

andybernard

Oct 22, 2009
I don't know if he could have or couldn't have gotten the first down...and that is the problem.

DeereClone

Nov 16, 2009

3rd and 8 when he should have run, he throws a terrible pass.
4th and 8 you can't run, unless it's a given.
4th and 8 when you make a bad decision to run, you have to give everything you can to get to the line. He didn't.
2 bonehead plays followed by a gutless effort to get to the sticks.

And yeah the defense is bad too. Very, very bad. Just like our passing game has been since, well, far too long.

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
4th and 8 when you make a bad decision to run, you have to give everything you can to get to the line. He didn't.

And yeah the defense is bad too. Very, very bad. Just like our passing game has been since, well, far too long.
On the bright sides you got the pig **** off your building today.

Spam

May 21, 2008

That he's one of our best players reflects on the state of the program.

oldwiseman

Oct 10, 2009
Fire Wally and have CPR coach the Defense the last 2 games. I just want to see if he can do it. We know Wally can't. This is the worst ISU team I've seen in years.

That being said there were some bright spots today, just not enough of them. We have zero confidence and that generally equates to zero success.

Reactions: CyBobby

ruxCYtable

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 29, 2007
Colorado

Nowhere to go? NOWHERE TO GO? It's fourth ******* down. You take another beating and sacrifice your body for the sticks. You don't LAY DOWN.

huntt26

Apr 10, 2006
po' dUnk
I just feel awful for these student athletes they put in a ton of work for our entertainment and just can't get over the hump.

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa

This is exactly right, that was a horrible effort on 4th and he had a 6 yard gain if he runs on 3rd, but throws a 7 yard pass into tight coverage instead. He is still the best ISU has, but he has lost the fire to make a play that he had at the beginning of the season.

Also, Wally need to step down. That defense is horrible at every level.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Sam is not a leader. Hell how many games has he won here at ISU! Winning teams need a leader at quarterback....Sam is not!

It was a team loss today, BUT I'm convinced that we will not win with Sam as our QB.

Sure, he's our leading rusher, takes a beating, blah, blah, blah.... which is exactly why I don't think we'll ever be a winning team with him as our QB. He runs WAY too much and is afraid to let it go. You can't be that way.

And that last play says everything to me. He laid down. I don't know if he thought he already had enough yards, but if he did that is just a lack of awareness as well. QB is THE most important position on the team, and Sam has just not proven he can win ball games leading this team.

Bad thing is, I don't know who can? Rohach looks just as bad or worse. And Wally needed to go several weeks ago, and we're still feeling the pain of him still wandering the sidelines. I have NEVER in my life seen a play like TT's last TD. Nobody came with 10 yds of laying a hand on the guy.

Our entire team is so unprepared to play and have no idea what they are doing. I don't know how JP can keep any of these coaches, including CPR around. How can he afford to at this point?

Sobchakcyclone

Feb 8, 2010
Bowling Alley
I just feel awful for these student athletes they put in a ton of work for our entertainment and just can't get over the hump.

I would feel bad about that, but I know that they have arms that can tackle. It's a culture of mindset to wrap a guy up, not hit and hope they go down. It's fundamental football. We have to get back to personal responsibility. You have to make the play you're tasked with, period. It's not okay to be where you should be and run by.

Ultimately, this is an easy game. College sports is a matter of recruiting. We're falling short in areas, and it's exposed. If that's not fixed, contracts can't be extended. It's simple. We have plenty to recruit to, we have great academics, facilities are at a very high level. Athletes are not, especially on one side of the ball. It's a tough conference, that's life.

cyclonedave25

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
The last scoring play by Tech was an absolute disaster. I thought for sure there were 4-5 holding penalties taking place because the WR could have nearly walked into the endzone from the 50 freaking yard line.

All year long I have witnessed some of the worst tackling in my life.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
I would feel bad about that, but I know that they have arms that can tackle. It's a culture of mindset to wrap a guy up, not hit and hope they go down. It's fundamental football. We have to get back to personal responsibility. You have to make the play you're tasked with, period. It's not okay to be where you should be and run by.

Ultimately, this is an easy game. College sports is a matter of recruiting. We're falling short in areas, and it's exposed. If that's not fixed, contracts can't be extended. It's simple. We have plenty to recruit to, we have great academics, facilities are at a very high level. Athletes are not, especially on one side of the ball. It's a tough conference, that's life.

At the end of the Iowa-Wisky game today, Todd McShay made the comment that today's Iowa-Wisky game was possibly the hardest hitting game he had ever been to.

Now I know Iowa stinks and everything, but at least they play a physical brand of football. Our team is so soft it isn't even funny. I'm just tired of it. Not even angry anymore. Just don't care.

stateofmind

Jul 16, 2007
Ankeny
Some of you can just **** off. We suck, we know it, but for those of you that could've been there today to help the struggling defense and didnt, just give up and follow the hawks. I love the guys that gave their all and I'm ****** we lost. But those ******* that chose not to come but are on here ******** about this loss and stayed home, shut the **** up