Parking Pass help

06_CY

Apr 11, 2006
First year getting a parking pass, feel a little silly donating a 1000 to end up picking a 500 dollar spot lol

You shouldn't feel silly donating 1000 to be in a 500 lot. As a first year donor, if at the 500 level, you would be no more than G7, due to your place in line. I believe there are plenty of donors that are down one parking level from where their donation is due to demand. Now I love G7 and would only pick there even if I was higher up the dollar ladder.

Edit: now that I re-read it, I realize you said first year getting a parking pass, not first year donating.

cysmiley

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 30, 2012
I went with A2, so it looks like you pick individual spots of where you want to park but that lot is actually first come first serve right?
Been in A2 previously by choice, now in there by "best Left available". Good lot to be in, spots go based on arrival time, and there are some fans that come late, allows you to spread out a little at first, may have to move stuff and consolidate as game time approaches with late arrivals. I think all try to be patient and keep all happy(unless a HOK walks by).

Good lot, lots of band activity, friendly people. Only problem is I personnally think they have less Kybos per person than other lots and we are at the base of the Alumni Center, so we get a lot of transient usage.:mad: But nothing is perfect, look forward to some GREAT TAILGATING!!!

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Been in A2 previously by choice, now in there by "best Left available". Good lot to be in, spots go based on arrival time, and there are some fans that come late, allows you to spread out a little at first, may have to move stuff and consolidate as game time approaches with late arrivals. I think all try to be patient and keep all happy(unless a HOK walks by).

Good lot, lots of band activity, friendly people. Only problem is I personnally think they have less Kybos per person than other lots and we are at the base of the Alumni Center, so we get a lot of transient usage.:mad: But nothing is perfect, look forward to some GREAT TAILGATING!!!
Was there 10 years ago and a little longer. Too many people taking 3-4 spots for tailgating and refusing to give one up as spots were limited. Also people would not let you down the drives. Would just stand there and expect the car to wait until they had finished what they wanted.

CY08

Apr 26, 2019
Long shot here...but if anyone would like to swap passes A3 for A4 let me know. Looking to get in A4. Thanks

Last edited:

cysmiley

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 30, 2012
Was there 10 years ago and a little longer. Too many people taking 3-4 spots for tailgating and refusing to give one up as spots were limited. Also people would not let you down the drives. Would just stand there and expect the car to wait until they had finished what they wanted.
REMINDER: Move bag game quicker this year!! :D

• Funny
Reactions: BCClone

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
REMINDER: Move bag game quicker this year!! :D
Hopefully this is a joke, lol, because I did accidentally catch the corner of one with my suburban once when nobody would move and people were yelling at me to get there earlier. (My son had a youth football game so that was not an option).

cysmiley

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 30, 2012
Hopefully this is a joke, lol, because I did accidentally catch the corner of one with my suburban once when nobody would move and people were yelling at me to get there earlier. (My son had a youth football game so that was not an option).
It was joke, our players/tailgate crew are responsive to people coming late, as we have on occasion come late and my wife had her foot run over in C6 as a car was avoiding tailgate on other side of aisle, she was gabbing to friends and not paying attention with her foot on toe behind her as women sometimes do. I had to carry her to game, couldn't get one of those damn golf carts that go up hill to help us out (not authorized to leave stadium), so by the time I carried her to gate I said FU to the golf cart driver and carried her the rest of the way to seat, son and I carried her back to car. Luckily, She just had some stretched ligaments it turned out and badly bruised. So we try to be good neighbors! :)

Reactions: BCClone

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
It was joke, our players/tailgate crew are responsive to people coming late, as we have on occasion come late and my wife had her foot run over in C6 as a car was avoiding tailgate on other side of aisle, she was gabbing to friends and not paying attention with her foot on toe behind her as women sometimes do. I had to carry her to game, couldn't get one of those damn golf carts that go up hill to help us out (not authorized to leave stadium), so by the time I carried her to gate I said FU to the golf cart driver and carried her the rest of the way to seat, son and I carried her back to car. Luckily, She just had some stretched ligaments it turned out and badly bruised. So we try to be good neighbors! :)
Your wife is a true ISU fan to have her foot ran over and still make the game.

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
Is there an official CF flag? I need to buy a new flag pole anyway this year.

Reactions: wxman1

cysmiley

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 30, 2012
Your wife is a true ISU fan to have her foot ran over and still make the game.
Yes this is true, but think of me, I've got some old driver on my hands that thinks he has permantly disfigured my wife and will lose his license, I've got my wife trying to take her shoe off to see if her ankle is still attached, and its 30 minutes to kick. I quickly put my wifes foot in the cooler (threw beers out), exchanged info with the driver (insurance etc.), told him to calm down, and I would let him know on Monday if the ankle had to amputated. Now its 25 minutes to kick, run to golf carts and get told noway. Go to box office to *****, get nowhere. Run back to C6, now less than 20 minutes to kick. Grab a couple of plastic bags, fill with ice, give them to son to carry, can hear National Anthem. Grab wife carry her, got to get to section 12. Walk as fast as I can, no problem through gate, carrying wife, even though she wasn't in clear bag, son helps getting down stairs to Section, and we can see kick from landing!! Go to seats as offence takes the field! :D

PS: Fortunately, my wife is a small woman!!

Last edited:

cygrads

Jul 27, 2007
Altoona, IA
Just got my spot in G6. Just 3 or 4 years ago we were in A2 then a couple years ago best available was C3 and now G6. Great for the AD but sucks for us. Anyone know how the new bridge and lot projects will impact parking for us lowly $500 level donors?

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
Just got my spot in G6. Just 3 or 4 years ago we were in A2 then a couple years ago best available was C3 and now G6. Great for the AD but sucks for us. Anyone know how the new bridge and lot projects will impact parking for us lowly $500 level donors?
I would think with the RV parking lot construction coming you would have a lot better chance to get in those North paved lots once the RV's are moved out of there.

However, if the FB team has another big year I would suspect many new donors and upgraded donations to come along with it again so maybe there would not be that much of a change for $500 donor parking options.

• Informative
Reactions: 2020cy and cygrads