Parking for Saturday

1100011CS

Oct 5, 2007
Marshalltown
Sounds like some of the lots will be closed. That will be a nightmare.

Iowa State is also issuing an advisory for limited parking in some grass lots due to heavy rainfall in Central Iowa over the past week. The muddy conditions will make some public (grass) parking areas near Jack Trice Stadium unavailable for Saturday’s football game vs. UNI.

SoapyCy

Oct 10, 2012
grundy center

Iowa State is also issuing an advisory for limited parking in some grass lots due to heavy rainfall in Central Iowa over the past week. The muddy conditions will make some public (grass) parking areas near Jack Trice Stadium unavailable for Saturday’s football game vs. UNI.

you know what irks me - that dumb nursing home along S 4th St that sits empty every game day while hoards of cars drive by.

MNCYWX

Feb 7, 2010
Med City, MN
I wouldn't expect ENTIRE lots to be closed. Perhaps some of the lower areas of the grass lots might be susceptible, but I wouldn't think any major repercussions would be felt.

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
I doubt the close any lots. nothing was flooded and we've had a couple of drying days along with tomorrow. With the wind today it really started drying things out. I was hoping they would open the lots earlier.

CysRage

Oct 18, 2009
you know what irks me - that dumb nursing home along S 4th St that sits empty every game day while hoards of cars drive by.
Why does that irk you? It's private property. They don't have to have gameday parking. Even if it did, it wouldn't even put a dent into fixing parking issues.

capitalcityguy

Jun 14, 2007
Des Moines

Where did you get this from? I don't see anything on cyclones.com. I can't believe there will be any issues given how hot and windy it has been last few days.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Where did you get this from? I don't see anything on cyclones.com. I can't believe there will be any issues given how hot and windy it has been last few days.

There was something posted a few days ago. I think it was more of a CYA type of thing. Lots seemed fine when I looked this evening.

d30fan

Jul 6, 2007
There was something posted a few days ago. I think it was more of a CYA type of thing. Lots seemed fine when I looked this evening.[/QUOTE

There is an article on the Official web site discussing parking and tailgating. Was dated 8/3 and has not been updated this morning.