Park "day to day"; Kempt likely to start again at QB vs. KU

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
Is Zeb our #2 QB anymore? Was he ever our #2 QB?

Pretty sure that Zeb got the cleanup series against UNI, and missed pretty badly on the only pass he attempted. Probably wasn't far to put him in there when the drive started at the ISU 8 or so. As I recall they put the starters back in after that series.

I know nothing about how he is doing as far as development, but after last week it is pretty clear Kempt is calm and collected out there, which is what you need to start with.

• Agree
Reactions: aauummm

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
Questions --

Why was it Kempt over Noland in the first place? I seem to recall Noland was listed as the second-string QB at some point earlier in the season.

Park is still on leave, therefore not practicing, right?

Is he even likely to be around the team at the KU game, if only manning a clipboard in warm-ups on the sideline? Certainly not likely to dress for it?

Gnomeborg

Dec 24, 2008
so one of them is a run threat?

you, uh... your knowledge of football is limited to video games, isn't it?

"Aaron Rodgers and Blake Bortles are both pro-style QB's. GB is coming to town next week, but the GB tapes are allllll the way over there. Just grab the Jacksonville tapes, those are good enough."

danielyp29

Jan 3, 2011
Ames
How many rushing yards does park have? Probably need to have positive yards in actual games to be considered a dual threat. not what ESPN said 3YEARS ago
he does have positive yards this season and last season. if you're looking for just numbers, he's not going to give you a ton of rushing yards but you have to look at their skill set and ability as well. I think you're not seeing that. If you're so ignorant that you think Kempt = Park, it's your problem.

• Friendly
Reactions: aauummm

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque
Questions --

Why was it Kempt over Noland in the first place? I seem to recall Noland was listed as the second-string QB at some point earlier in the season.

Park is still on leave, therefore not practicing, right?

Is he even likely to be around the team at the KU game, if only manning a clipboard in warm-ups on the sideline? Certainly not likely to dress for it?

In today's press conference Campbell made it sound like Noland and Kempt had been sharing 2nd string snaps over the spring and fall camp. Remember that Noland tore up his knee last fall camp, so Kempt would have gotten all the 2nd string snaps this spring.

IMO the coaching staff took the approach, with Park as the clear # 1 QB there is no reason to have Kempt (a redshirt-senior) as the backup QB. If there is mop-up duty, bring in Noland who has a chance to be the starting QB after Park departs. Thus Noland comes in against UNI.

However, if Park got hurt and was out multiple games, then Kempt would the guy. Shouldn't be too shocking that a 5th year senior who is splitting 2nd string snaps might be playing better in practice than a redshirt frosh who missed his redshirt year due to injury.

Campbell was very vague about Park's situation with the team, but I got the impression from the press conference is he is "around" the team but not practicing. Didn't sound like Park just missing one game as the situation.

• Informative
Reactions: Sigmapolis

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron