Park "day to day"; Kempt likely to start again at QB vs. KU

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
While most of us have no idea what is going on or what timeline CMC is looking at with Park, the "personal health issue" line is golden and keeps all of the media types at bay.

welt

Jun 14, 2017
See below
kempt and park are both prostyle pocket passers, no difference between preparing for kempt OR park. they have one tape of kempt won't take much to prepare, BUT now what they do have to spend time preparing for is kempt/lanning

welt

Jun 14, 2017
Yes, the team depends on Cyclones.com depth charts to see whom the staff are planning on playing.

It does not send a message at all to the team, let alone a horrible one.

if they play someone who walked away from the team to avoid a drug test, it sure does send a bad message

• Informative
Reactions: aauummm

cuphues

Aug 5, 2011
Dallas
If you people want to have these deep, well thought out opinions on this stuff will you at least pay attention to what's actually happening and being said? Campbell said that **** about Park last Monday and Friday.

He doesn't care to discuss because he can't and he's sick of people asking. This isn't rocket surgery.

Rocket Surgery? You mean brain surgery or perhaps rocket science, right?

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
so one of them is a run threat?

More to it than that. One passer is more aggressive and can make all the throws. The other is more likely to check down and has some limitations to his game where you maybe don't have to worry about him making some higher degree of difficulty throws.

• Winner
Reactions: FinalFourCy

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
I don't know what is going on Park and really until he or the team comes out with exactly what it is there is no reason to speculate and spread rumors. All that said I don't care if Park is back in time to play KU or not, Kempt EARNED the right to start the KU game by having himself one heck of a game Saturday and doing it with a short week of prep time and no on field reps leading up to it. If he has another good game I think it's fair game to let him and Park have an open competition for the QB job when/if Park comes back. Kempt just led this team to probably the biggest win in program history and deserves a legit shot at the job until he proves otherwise. Park obviously is probably more talented and experienced and has a higher ceiling but if this team is going to play like they did with Kempt and QB you have to keep running him out there until the hot hand goes cold.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
If you people want to have these deep, well thought out opinions on this stuff will you at least pay attention to what's actually happening and being said? Campbell said that **** about Park last Monday and Friday.

He doesn't care to discuss because he can't and he's sick of people asking. This isn't rocket surgery.

Is there such a thing?

If so, sign me up!

• Agree
Reactions: aauummm

cyattack69

Oct 5, 2017
Man, I really thought we got away from this QB controversy from last year. If we all can remember correctly Rhodes fell into the trap of trying to play a hot handed QB. Jantz, Richardson, Barnett, Tiller (I think they all played at one time in a year). I honestly think Park has an upside, and so does Kempt. I think we are capable of winning with both. I dont care what direction we go....but for the love of all that is Holy, please dont rotate (unless LanRam and Kempt). That is why Campbell and Co. get paid the big bucks, and we post on a free forum, spewing our 2 cents worth, of what we think, is football strategy.

• Disagree
Reactions: FinalFourCy

SpokaneCY

Apr 11, 2006
Spokane, WA
Good news on injuries.

Really hope that ISU can jump on KU right away so Zeb can get some playing time. Got to have a backup plan other than playing Lanning both ways. Is there anyone else that can play MLBer?

Is Zeb our #2 QB anymore? Was he ever our #2 QB?

clone511

Mar 15, 2016
Urbandale, IA
Man, I really thought we got away from this QB controversy from last year. If we all can remember correctly Rhodes fell into the trap of trying to play a hot handed QB. Jantz, Richardson, Barnett, Tiller (I think they all played at one time in a year). I honestly think Park has an upside, and so does Kempt. I think we are capable of winning with both. I dont care what direction we go....but for the love of all that is Holy, please dont rotate (unless LanRam and Kempt). That is why Campbell and Co. get paid the big bucks, and we post on a free forum, spewing our 2 cents worth, of what we think, is football strategy.
upload_2017-10-9_15-34-35.png

• Disagree
Reactions: khardbored