Pac-12 to decide whether to expand within a couple weeks

Klubber

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Aurora, IL
Their media deal is still 18+ months from starting negotiations. There is literally no impulse that would make it happen any sooner than that, unless their TV partners were ready to pay them to make it happen now. This is not a difficult concept.

It is when you're on the board to bait ISU fans and show fake sympathy while telling us we're worthless. You know, basic trolling.

Klubber

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Aurora, IL
ISU and Kansas being on the expansion committee is a clear indicator Dave Wannstedt had no idea what he was talking about.

Riiiiiight. Game set match to you. This committee is just to portray a business as usual type deal. It means pretty much what the PAC announcement today means: nada...

cyIclSoneU

Apr 7, 2016
ISU and Kansas being on the expansion committee is a clear indicator Dave Wannstedt had no idea what he was talking about.

The chair of the “Keep the Big 12 Together” committee when Texas A&M announced it was leaving (after Nebraska and Colorado already did) was the Missouri AD. He resigned the chairmanship the day before Mizzou to SEC broke. So clearly the people in these roles can walk and chew gum at the same time.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
The chair of the “Keep the Big 12 Together” committee when Texas A&M announced it was leaving (after Nebraska and Colorado already did) was the Missouri AD. He resigned the chairmanship the day before Mizzou to SEC broke. So clearly the people in these roles can walk and chew gum at the same time.

Let me guess what tomorrow's agenda of the expansion committee will be: half a day of twiddling thumbs followed by the other half day of not looking at the resumes of UCF, Memphis, Houston, Cincinnati, and BYU.

Reactions: Cyclonick182

CyclonimusPrime

Aug 18, 2021
Ames
Riiiiiight. Game set match to you. This committee is just to portray a business as usual type deal. It means pretty much what the PAC announcement today means: nada...
Whoa…I didn’t say this was over. I just said it shows we put a ton of work (54 pages) responding to a Dave Wannstedt comment. It’s Dave. Freaking. Wannstedt. There is a guy that looks like him at every used car lot in America.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Let me guess what tomorrow's agenda of the expansion committee will be: half a day of twiddling thumbs followed by the other half day of not looking at the resumes of UCF, Memphis, Houston, Cincinnati, and BYU.
Tomorrow is introducing each other and collecting contact information. Not looking at resumes is 4-5 meetings down the road. Don’t rush this stuff.

knowlesjam

Oct 21, 2012
Papillion, NE
Yeah, those files can sit for a bit and age. Especially if OuT ends up staying for 2-3 years. Media negotiations for the other conferences (BIG and PAC) will begin in 18 months or so...that's when things will finally iron out.

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
I guess I am surprised that so many on here expect this whole expansion idea to be done quickly. Pollard himself said "we need to be patient." ISU and the other Big 8 teams are going to be fine for 2 to 4 years. The Pac 12 and Big 10 are going to redo their new media contracts and then expansion will happen.
Everything I have read seems to point out to the fact that the Pac 12, Big 10 and ACC are pissed off at the SEC for going behind their backs and stealing OU and UT under the idea of enlarging the playoff, and then trying to push that through before anyone knew that a deal for the two schools to leave the conference had already been decided on and was in place.
ISU will be fine, the Big 12 is not going to expand and take schools that will not help grow the league in the future, we just have to be patient.

ISU will land on our feet, and so will many of the other league members, a few like Baylor and maybe TCU will be the ones that are hurt the worst.

Beyerball

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Texas
I guess I am surprised that so many on here expect this whole expansion idea to be done quickly. Pollard himself said "we need to be patient." ISU and the other Big 8 teams are going to be fine for 2 to 4 years. The Pac 12 and Big 10 are going to redo their new media contracts and then expansion will happen.
Everything I have read seems to point out to the fact that the Pac 12, Big 10 and ACC are pissed off at the SEC for going behind their backs and stealing OU and UT under the idea of enlarging the playoff, and then trying to push that through before anyone knew that a deal for the two schools to leave the conference had already been decided on and was in place.
ISU will be fine, the Big 12 is not going to expand and take schools that will not help grow the league in the future, we just have to be patient.

ISU will land on our feet, and so will many of the other league members, a few like Baylor and maybe TCU will be the ones that are hurt the worst.

BIG and PAC are currently in negotiations...Both Leagues gor are up in 2023.. They are not gonna sign off on anew TV deal then expand. They would have to expand soon to understand the full value of the conferences tv rights..

The big 12 is expanding and moving forward.

CyclonimusPrime

Aug 18, 2021
Ames
BIG and PAC are currently in negotiations...Both Leagues gor are up in 2023.. They are not gonna sign off on anew TV deal then expand. They would have to expand soon to understand the full value of the conferences tv rights..

The big 12 is expanding and moving forward.
PAC is 2024-2025 I thought. B1G is 2023-2024. I’m fairly confident after those seasons, rights will be expiring. I might be wrong and am too lazy to look it up.