Our Hurry Up Offensive Strategy

CycloneKC

Jan 13, 2010
I think we we need to go back to huddling up and milking some clock between plays and sustaining some long drives and GIVING our defense more than a 30 sec break. Our defense needs all the rest possible and lets be real our no huddle offense is not yielding points. Lets slow the game down!

rjkbroker

Apr 30, 2010
I think we we need to go back to huddling up and milking some clock between plays and sustaining some long drives and GIVING our defense more than a 30 sec break. Our defense needs all the rest possible and lets be real our no huddle offense is not yielding points. Lets slow the game down!

rjkbroker

Apr 30, 2010
could not agree more----this is not rocket science----but nobody has ever accused Messingham as the second coming of Einstein.

Clark

Jun 24, 2009
Altoona
You don't have to huddle to slow the game down. I do agree that going uptempo against Baylor is beyond stupid. I don't get ESPNU so I don't know if ISU is actually doing that or not

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
No. We need to go as fast as possible. At least then we have a chance of the defense screwing up. Right now, we're in this half *** deal that rushes us a little but not really the defense. I want this thing to be Indiana fast. I haven't seen anyone move as fast as they do.

cycfan1

Nov 27, 2006
Ames
You don't have to huddle to slow the game down. I do agree that going uptempo against Baylor is beyond stupid. I don't get ESPNU so I don't know if ISU is actually doing that or not

Were not

rhillary

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 31, 2007
Plainfield, IL
The only thing "hurry up" about our offense is "hurry up and give the ball back", which I for one do not enjoy...

ISUAlum2002

Apr 11, 2006
Toon Town, IA
Still have to get 1st downs to keep the defense off the field for any meaningful amount of time. And we don't get 1st downs, so.....

CycloneKC

Jan 13, 2010
While on the topic of offensive strategy, why in the hell do we go 6 yard shotgun and then another 3 yards back for pistol? It puts us 10 yards behind the freaking line of scrimmage from the start. Same shotgun strategy is used when we have the ball on our own inch line. Just begging for a safety!

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
ISU is not running a hurry up offense. They are running a no huddle offense. (some would argue they are running no offense)
I absolutely hate this offense where the players all get to the line, get set, then all turn to the sideline so someone can signal in a play. I can't say how many times the play gets signaled in with less than 5 seconds on the play clock and then they barely get the snap off.

Help Support Us

Become a patron