OU president letter on joining SEC

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
I wonder what view the AAU takes of a member university violating organization rules and deceiving fellow members in order to advance itself financially...

The first thing they do is check if the president of your university can understand basic percentages.

Thorongil Clone

Gone to Numenor
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 2, 2021
Posted this in another thread, thought all fanatics might want to see it.

no_photo.png
ReplyForward

******* OKIES!

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
These mf’ers are filthy stinkin’ rich already, but they are greedy a-holes that don’t care if they ruin thousands of people’s lives and entire cities in the process of getting their extra riches. Screw them all!!

mp444

Nov 4, 2014
Such BS. I just conducted a search for schools which are AAU certified and only find 3 that are SEC schools---Florida, Vanderbilt and A & M.
Missouri as well. Texas will possibly be there too.

Of course, if Oklahoma was really hoping to move to a conference with more AAU members, they likely would be attempting to go to the Big 10 (presumably inquired) or the Pac 12.

Another option would be to try and form an AAU-heavy conference closer to Oklahoma. Maybe take the western SEC AAU schools (Texas, Missouri, Texas A & M) combined with the remaining Big 12 AAU schools (Kansas, Iowa State). You might even get Colorado to go along for shorter travel times. Throw in some of the bigger non-AAU schools in that geography and you could make a 12-team conference.

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
Another option would be to try and form an AAU-heavy conference closer to Oklahoma. Maybe take the western SEC AAU schools (Texas, Missouri, Texas A & M) combined with the remaining Big 12 AAU schools (Kansas, Iowa State). You might even get Colorado to go along for shorter travel times. Throw in some of the bigger non-AAU schools in that geography and you could make a 12-team conference.

I like this idea. Can’t believe nobody’s tried this out before.

Here’s my proposed version of this new conference:

1627693944063.png

xr4ticlone

Oct 1, 2006
Texas
11 AM starts are a problem when half your fan base are meth heads. That's about the time they start rolling out of bed.