OU having trouble with NU

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
It was 14-0 IU and they were owning Cincy up and down the field until a targeting call on the leader of the Hoosier defense changed it all. Penix threw a couple of bone-headed picks and here we are.
Yeah, I know, I was watching it. The ejection was justified. Don't want to get a targeting, don't lead with your helmet right into the Qbs facemask.

StPaulCyclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 9, 2008
Duh!
Watching this game really makes me miss the original B12, even the B8. Conference blue bloods allowed outside forces to play to their greed. If old NU, OU, UT and A&M had instead been standard bearers for raising the profile of the league ala SEC and BIG. The athletics were as good and in cases better than those leagues, but we lacked the media backing of those two. :(

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Great one handed catch but better field position if he hadn't caught it. One of those instinct plays, hard to think "I shouldn't actually catch this" that quickly. Was a great catch.

cyclonemagic

Nov 26, 2006
Texas
NE sees the importance of this game and former rivalry. I figured NE would play hard the first two or three quarters but then run out of steam as OU is the better team at this time.

Reactions: Rods79

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
Don't get me wrong, I'm love laughing at Husker misery but some of these things they are doing are giving me some bad ISU flashbacks.

• Agree
Reactions: Bigman38

StPaulCyclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 9, 2008
Duh!
OU DB with a 4th down INT (and pins OU at 2yd line) same thing some &@#$ed about Isheem doing. It happens.

jctisu

Jun 11, 2017
Yeah, I know, I was watching it. The ejection was justified. Don't want to get a targeting, don't lead with your helmet right into the Qbs facemask.
Never said it wasn't justified. It was targeting all the way. No one is arguing that. Doesn't change the fact that completely changed the game. Indiana was owning both sides of the football.

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque
Hellavu a catch on the INT, but just knock it down.
He cut in front of the receivers and made an extraordinary one handed reach to grab the ball. In that kind of situation he couldn't knock down the ball without risking an Neb WR possibly getting the ball.

Sure in a perfect situation he lets go of the ball when he hits the ground.

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque
Blows my mind when schools like OU, Clemson, etc only rush 3 guys. When you recruit 4/5 star d-line talent, be aggressive and make the QB uncomfortable and make the passing windows along the line-of-scrimmage smaller.

• Agree
Reactions: dirtyninety