OT Nostalgia: Let's Go To The Mall!

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
Bought my first flat screen TV from American. 32 inch Sony around 2006. Finally crapped our last year. Crazy that I can buy a TV twice the size now for less than what I paid back then.
I still have a 48" flat screen in my living room I bought from there maybe 2008? I replaced my car stereo from Ultimate Electronics in 2004 when the factory deck went out. The Best Buy on University is smaller than it originally was as it also had the space Whole Foods occupies. Bought my college PC and TV from there in 98.

Reactions: AgronAlum

AgronAlum

Jul 12, 2014
Bought my first flat screen TV from American. 32 inch Sony around 2006. Finally crapped our last year. Crazy that I can buy a TV twice the size now for less than what I paid back then.

Funny, I had a 42” Sony I got from there in college around 2007. The first real flatscreen I owned. I used it as a garage TV up until about 2 years ago when I finally started getting some dead spots.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
Ultimate Electronics.
My first line of credit was at the Ultimate Electronics in the little mall just north of Merle Hay Mall. Tricking out the crappy car my parents gave me with more stereo equipment than the car was worth seemed like a right of passage when I was in high school. After I got a little older I bought some nice home audio equipment. I still use the Polk Audio speakers I bought there over 20 years ago.

Reactions: JP4CY

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
My first line of credit was at the Ultimate Electronics in the little mall just north of Merle Hay Mall. Tricking out the crappy car my parents gave me with more stereo equipment than the car was worth seemed like a right of passage when I was in high school. After I got a little older I bought some nice home audio equipment. I still use the Polk Audio speakers I bought there over 20 years ago.
Ultimate had great Sunday ads. I absolutely always flipped thru those.