OT: Gender Reveal Explosion Kills Local Woman

ISUTex

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 25, 2012
Rural U.S.A.
Technically, aren't all fist pumps "quiet" fist pumps? Or did you first remove your tinklebell bracelet and then perform the fist pump?

Not technically. Usually there is a "Yes" that goes along with the fist pump. What is a "Tinklebell" bracelet anyway?

CtownCyclone

Really Strong Cardinals
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 20, 2010
Where they love the governor
For various reasons, we elected to do some genetic testing during pregnancy, so we knew what both kids were before they popped out. No party or anything, just a call to the parents.

Plus, my dad's an obstetrician, he knows what he's looking at on an ultrasound. There'd be no hiding it from him.

Reactions: Doc

52342cyclone

Sep 13, 2011
Toledo, IA
Yeah, but nobody here feels near as bad for the family as the person who screwed up and killed one of their own relatives in a tragic accident.

Looks like it was actually the mother to one of the parents of the unborn child. I can't imagine how they are feeling. Everyone makes jokes and it was a terrible terrible idea but I can't help but feel bad for them.

harimad

Jul 28, 2016
Illinois
Not technically. Usually there is a "Yes" that goes along with the fist pump. What is a "Tinklebell" bracelet anyway?
Now it makes sense. And for the bolded, I have no idea, lol. I was trying to figure out what would be making the noise during the fist pump. (I do have some bracelets I wear sometimes that can be a bit noisy, but I can't imagine a guy ever wearing those.)

All I could think of was some of kind of noisy cowbell-like contraption or something. Was just messing with you anyway, tbh.

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
I didn't want to know on any of my three girls. First one, my wife actually went a full 24 hrs before telling me, after the ultrasound. Second one, we didn't know until she popped out. Third girl, I don't remember how but we knew before she was born. I saved the name Kyle James for my first male dog, which I'm not going to get either. But I wouldn't trade my girls for anything.

Maybe you can find something else, male, to name.

derpyherky

May 11, 2018
That's right...some guys DO name those, don't they? ;)

200.webp

SpokaneCY

Apr 11, 2006
Spokane, WA
Looks like it was actually the mother to one of the parents of the unborn child. I can't imagine how they are feeling. Everyone makes jokes and it was a terrible terrible idea but I can't help but feel bad for them.

Being overly glib, but if you just picture them as hawks then it's ok.

But truly a family tragedy for those involved.

Help Support Us

Become a patron