OSU game environment

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
Man that night against WVU, it was just a blitz by the defense from the jump. The Jack was an electric atmosphere. Will Grier was mentally shell shocked by John Heacock and our D.

I remember the Mike Rose sack early, and we were just all over them. I hope we can get a similar start defensively. Use Breece, control the clock with an early lead, and I will feel very good about this.

A big turnover for the D could be the swing moment in the second half.

Special teams - just please please be average, we don't need them to be great to win. Although that would be a plus.
And we did it, without a turnover. No turnovers on either side right?

Reactions: cyclone1209

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
The 2017 TCU game. Also another plug for SkyCam being a normal thing. Gives you a great view as to why things do or don't work and really highlights the atmosphere.

Yeah! How does sky cam work? Is it a drone?

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
The announcers mentioned multiple times that the stadium was shaking.

What I don’t understand is how it can get that loud, but it seems like we rarely get other teams to false start.
True and very few penalties either side today. Our guys did really good here. They also.

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
Some Cowboy fans are butthurt in the comment section of this highlight video saying the refs were "homers" for ISU!!! :D
what?!?! Then how did that "taunting" thing happen?
It was already riled up from the multiple terrible spots and not reviewing stuff. That just escalated it quickly
Good we finally got one (call)! How many times have we had horrible calls against us over the years? And I'm not saying it was a bad call, the spot at the end. Just glad we finally got one to go our way. When it counted.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Most intriguing Juicy Wiggle ever! The crowd was loudly booing. Juicy Wiggle starts. The crowd starts dancing and it seems like the mood in the stadium has been changed. Then, the boos start competing with Juicy Wiggle. I don't think we have ever had Juicy Wiggle with such a negative tone. It was fascinating!

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
The announcers mentioned multiple times that the stadium was shaking.

What I don’t understand is how it can get that loud, but it seems like we rarely get other teams to false start.
It’s because most big 12 teams all use a silent count so the noise doesn’t really impact the snap.

exCYtable

Apr 15, 2010
Most intriguing Juicy Wiggle ever! The crowd was loudly booing. Juicy Wiggle starts. The crowd starts dancing and it seems like the mood in the stadium has been changed. Then, the boos start competing with Juicy Wiggle. I don't think we have ever had Juicy Wiggle with such a negative tone. It was fascinating!

Yeah, that was a super strange spot to play that. Whole crowd is ****** and then they play the song that is supposed to make us happy??? I think the crowd got even angrier after that LOL! And what was the deal with all the late/delayed "first down" calls from the PA?

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
I literally didn’t even realize Juicy Wiggle was even playing until the very end of it.

Urbandale2013

Jan 28, 2018
Urbandale
Yeah, that was a super strange spot to play that. Whole crowd is ****** and then they play the song that is supposed to make us happy??? I think the crowd got even angrier after that LOL! And what was the deal with all the late/delayed "first down" calls from the PA?
Joe the new announcer must have been sick or something as he wasn’t there or at the Urbandale game on Friday.

• Informative
Reactions: NWICY and exCYtable

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
Yeah! How does sky cam work? Is it a drone?
They run cables above the field.

I was at a fundraiser, fortunately the game was on one of the TVs so I could look up and check out some plays. You could tell JTS was rocking by how shaky it was on camera.
That place must have erupted when they measured that last 4th down for OSU

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Maybe there’s more context to it but did anyone else think when the little OSU band played their school song it was super lame? Anything is better than the damn Boomer Sooner song but all I could think about was that scene from family guy

EnchantingObedientAngwantibo-size_restricted.gif

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
It was a perfect college football experience!

The Replay is on FS1 (6:30-9:30 am) right now. Good stuff is about to happen!
I watched the TV broadcast as soon as I got home from the game, and seeing the camera bounce all over the place and the announcers talking about how loud the crowd is, was amazing. Incredible vibe. I hope the recruits at the game got to enjoy it. When the Jack is rocking like that, it has to be one heck of a selling point.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
It's been awhile since it's been electric at Jack trice. UNI on pins needles, Iowa sucked, Kansas well, whetevere. We need to be big time tomorrow!!
OU last year was wild. Crowd there would overtake the sound system.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: t-noah