Omaha enters the transfer portal (confirmed)

CycloneSpinning

Mar 31, 2022
This is in no way the staffs fault. Bro was a 5 star, staff landed him. He was too unprepared and had far too long of a way to go. I think the best plan is for him to drop down a conference or two and if he can prove himself there he can transfer back up to a P4 school.
Yeah, we did see similar freshman year play from Melvin and Naz, so I understand (to a degree) those saying he could have been much improved next year. He’s a five star though…and based off athleticism and potential. It’s not like he had basketball skills in high school and needs to play a little longer against similar talent. He appears to have few basketball talents and now is competing against similar athleticism. Him fumbling the ball out of bounds when Hawley missed his bunny was noteworthy too in my opinion. I really do hope for the best for him, but I’m sadly not surprised (and don’t necessarily think it’s the wrong decision for either side).

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Can I ask you a few questions?

1.) So, your opinion is that because you can't answer my very reasonable questions (no one really can except TJ) then I just shouldn't care?

2.) If Omaha was so bad, then why was he getting decent mins (playing pretty decently) when Watson had a concussion?

3.) Do you feel it's worth running off local kids who have long term potential so you can raise your NET rating by winning by 50 against a **** non-con?

Got some ZRF level stuff here.

--Who else would you put in for Watson during that time frame? BRE and Ward were already taken up. Or are you one of those that live in some weird alt-reality where there's just players available outside of who is actually available or not?

--How do you know he was run off? Have you EVER thought that the coaches see the players every day and can tell whether a kid is ready to get regular minutes based on their progress, and that isn't dictated by the non-con season? Did you watch him when he was in?

CycloneSpinning

Mar 31, 2022
Got some ZRF level stuff here.

--Who else would you put in for Watson during that time frame? BRE and Ward were already taken up. Or are you one of those that live in some weird alt-reality where there's just players available outside of who is actually available or not?

--How do you know he was run off? Have you EVER thought that the coaches see the players every day and can tell whether a kid is ready to get regular minutes based on their progress, and that isn't dictated by the non-con season? Did you watch him when he was in?
To me it sounds like both sides did a pretty great job of making it work as well as it did for one year. For those who are particularly struggling with this outcome, it may be worth it for them to go back and look at other McDonald’s All-Americans that didn’t pan out. It happens…

And clearly the staff is good at development. Look at the growth of BRE. It’s on the player to buy in and want to be a part of the program/agree with the long-term plan for them. That’s not meant to be a dig on Omaha. He just evidently is interested in a different path.

cysmiley

Jun 30, 2012
They invited these guys into their program and within 12 months have asked them to leave. By definition you have eitheamr an evaluation or development problem.
Or maybe a time problem, people don't advance at the same rates. Some may take months, others years. If a kid wants to play, and he's not good enough CURRENTLY to help his team win games, then the player needs to find a different team, so he can play more minutes. This team wants to win NOW and appear to have the talent;, so they have to put the best and most developed players on the game floor. Omaha was not one at this stage in his development. he wants game minutes, wish him success!

deadeyededric

Dec 12, 2009
Parts Unknown
Ivan "the NBA needs Ivan"? I don't remember his last name ,Chranov or something like that, and of course he never made it here. We also had that kid from Australia way back in the day don't remember his name either but I think the NCAA denied him admission to ISU because UNC fixed grades for their basketball team.
Bruton was denied admissions because he played professionally(or took money) in Australia. NJCAA didnt have a problem with it. The NCAA did. Gerrod Henderson was also in that class and didn't qualify.

CycloneSpinning

Mar 31, 2022
He should go to that level but won’t. Another team will take a chance on him
I hope that’s not the sole consideration. Omaha needs to develop and play. If he goes to WVU and sits on the bench…what good has that done him? He either needs to find a high major program that fits him better…or he needs to drop down to where his athleticism puts him at an advantage again.

• Winner
Reactions: Thomasrickj

CYDJ

Jan 12, 2013
Bruton was denied admissions because he played professionally(or took money) in Australia. NJCAA didnt have a problem with it. The NCAA did. Gerrod Henderson was also in that class and didn't qualify.
If I remember correctly a player for Kansas the same year or the year after had the same circumstances (barely play for pay in a foreign country) and was allowed in. Maybe I'm mis-remembering, but I seem to remember that being the case.

EDIT. And yes, I WAS trying to go for the record for the most times the word remember could be stuffed into two sentences. Thank you very much.

Last edited:

Yellow Snow

Full of nonsense....
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 19, 2006
Osage, IA
Does he get a check from Elon when posting on X too? Just don’t know why he doesn’t post on his own website, premium or not.
Well there you go. It's up on the front page now. I don't understand what you are complaining about.

Irish1

Feb 5, 2016
Weight room, yes. Footwork, no. He already has fantastic footwork which I’m sure will improve. Gaining weight/strength will help immensely in being able to post up and use his fade away which is already difficult to defend.
Footwork on defense

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
I'm calling it now, Pierce will never play here.
Why even say this? Sure, it may be true, but after next year he will have his chance to start or play big minutes as a RS Freshman or Soph.

But I guess you get bonus points for 'calling it'. :confused: This whole process is new and different and hard enough for most of us to get used to.

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
Ok, here's a middle age guy who remembers what life used to be like about to go on a rant.

I've personally spoken about NIL, transfers.....etc to a HOF football coach, 3 Big 12 players themselves, a guy who owns a professional recruiting service firm in Omaha, and hundreds of other fans of college spots, and absolutely zero of them like anything to do with this current landscape. Literally zero!!!

So why if everyone hates everything about this is it allowed to continue this way?
Valid question