Old O'Malley's/New Italian?

NobodyBeatsCy

Apr 17, 2008
Clive, IA
Why go to Cazador's when you can go to La Fuente??

"there used to be a Cazador in WDM on 22nd St by Hooters and we loved it. Logo's looked the same and I assume it was owned by the same family. Too bad!"

Never been or heard of La Fuente - will have to try it next time

cycloneG

Mar 7, 2007
Off the grid
"there used to be a Cazador in WDM on 22nd St by Hooters and we loved it. Logo's looked the same and I assume it was owned by the same family. Too bad!"

Never been or heard of La Fuente - will have to try it next time

Two words: Fajita Quesadilla

And now I'm hungry.

cycloneG

Mar 7, 2007
Off the grid
Even better, Santa Fe Quesadilla. Fajita Quesadilla with grilled peppers and onions. Mmmmm.

I agree that the Santa Fe is better but you should start simple on your first La Fuenta experience and then work your way up to the crack-like addiction of the Santa Fe. The Fajita Quesadilla is the gateway drug of La Fuenta.

akclone

Bookie
Nov 28, 2006
I prefer El Azteca for mexican in Ames. Fast service, very friendly staff. It would be a great place for a gameday meal for commuters using I35 because its located off Hwy 30 on the north side.

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
I agree that the Santa Fe is better but you should start simple on your first La Fuenta experience and then work your way up to the crack-like addiction of the Santa Fe. The Fajita Quesadilla is the gateway drug of La Fuenta.

100% agree. The fajita quesadilla is fantastic. I think my favorite part is the fried tortilla bowl filled with sour cream, pico, and guac that comes along side it.

cyco2000

Nov 5, 2007
My vote also goes to El Azteca, easily better than La Fuente, for the staff alone.

lizzie

Oct 30, 2006
Colorado
I have a friend who is working on the building and it sounds like it is going to be an Italian restaurant. I think it is strange myself that its not going to be a Mexican place??? I had to ask twice to make sure I heard right.

cycloneG

Mar 7, 2007
Off the grid
Neither have I. One thing is for sure though, they get you in and out fast. I swear, I have had orders out to me before I have finished putting the order in...

Agreed. Sometimes our food order is ready before our drink order especially if you have a large group that orders monsters.

Mr Janny

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
Agreed. Sometimes our food order is ready before our drink order especially if you have a large group that orders monsters.

That can be a good and bad thing. My wife loves their cheese dip, and we almost always order it as an appetizer. However, it generally comes out about 36 seconds before our entrees do, so we don't have time to enjoy the appetizer.

Mr Janny

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
Mmmmm, cheese dip.

My wife orders it as "queso fundido" but to me it is always just "cheese dip with greasy sausage"...

which coincidentally is the title of my new spoken word album.

lizzie

Oct 30, 2006
Colorado
Next time I talk to him I will ask what they are doing to the inside of the building and see if I can get any inside scoop. It is such a neat building, but I'm sure they are having to sink some bucks into it after the last flood.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron