OK seriously you haters.....

mike4cy

Aug 4, 2006
Urbandale
Speaking of not being able to read: I saw a commercial today for the Bible on DVD. Not saying that I sit down and read the Bible, but what is our society comming to when we even want someone to read that to us instead of just reading it ourselves. I think that even the big guy would call us lazy for that...:rofl8yi:

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
Speaking of not being able to read: I saw a commercial today for the Bible on DVD. Not saying that I sit down and read the Bible, but what is our society comming to when we even want someone to read that to us instead of just reading it ourselves. I think that even the big guy would call us lazy for that...:rofl8yi:

What a day it would be if Mom & Dad got a bible DVD mixed up with Naughty Nurses 45.

They take off on a Sunday and leave the kids with a sitter, hand her what they think is a bible DVD to have the kids watch after lunch.

Oh, the joys of that mistake...

brianhos

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 1, 2006
Trenchtown
I like your thoughts and wished it always worked that way. However, I often find that the posters with negative rep sometimes bring to the table the most interesting and value added posts. They offer different perspectives and write things that others shy away from that often needs to be said. It results in them getting negative rep points as their perspective or opinion is different then the majority.

Agreed.. I got negative rep for saying womens sports suck! I am sorry it is the truth. Watching womens basketball is just boring. And yes, I have been to a handful of ISU womens games, including NCAA games, and it was still just boring. Although I did like Stacy Freeze, she is cute!

brianhos

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 1, 2006
Trenchtown
I know it won't. That's why I said it wouldn't, and I got negative rep for it. And I got more negative rep for the comment you quoted on me because someone who needs hooked on phonics thought I was saying that soccer WILL catch on in the US.

You don't get it... Soccer is for kids, it will never catch on here!!
j/k

clone52

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 27, 2006
No, that is fine if it makes you feel better. A lot of you people are missing the point here. I don't care if someone doesn't like what I have to say. All I said was that hiding behind the computer and throwing out insults without identifying themself is a little bogus. Now everyone take the time and READ this before you say something stupid.:nerd6bs:

I wasn't trying to make myself feel better. I've only thrown out rep a few times and I've never signed my name. Not because I'm hiding, but because I assumed your name showed up automatically. Now that I know it doesn't, I'll add my name. I've never read any rep comments, I'm not even sure how to do that.

My comment was more about the stupid nature of rep anyway. It doesn't have anything to do with the posters, it only deals with the content. Too many people would give positive rep for posts they agree with and negative rep with posts they disagree with. Not many people would probably give good rep for a well thought out point that they disagree with.

I gave you negative rep for this thread because you call out people that should 'be the man' and leave there name. Maybe you should 'be the man' and not whine about it.

Help Support Us

Become a patron