Ok. Is this serious?

dahliaclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 4, 2007
Minneapolis
It's real I am sure. And I don't disagree with it...yet. They haven't beaten anyone worth a **** in the Big Ten. And they are losing by an average of 15 points a game in league play. But I could see them winning a game in the tourney. But I think they are destined for a 7/8/9/10 seed unless they start beating teams with a pulse.

• Agree
Reactions: Macloney

dahliaclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 4, 2007
Minneapolis
Iowa is not a Team I'd like to face. I see IA advancing further that ISU.

I would love to hear your reasoning. Honestly, no sarcasm. Because if you look at their resume, they are a paper tiger. So, please elaborate. Thanks!

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
Hate the Squawks but they are a decent team when they are hitting their 3 point shot. Against Illinois they were 15 of 21 tonight they were 5 of 24. Lots of ******** about the reffing, I thought watching the game, it was called fairly well on both sides.
For Iowa to win they have to get to the free throw line, tonight they were only 8 of 8, shot too many 3's that were not falling. MSU was 20/21, but they were taking the ball inside in the second half.

When you watch both teams, their guard play is a weakness, their strength is the posts, the opposite of ISU. We have better guards, but are weak in the middle game in and game out. Now if Lard can get going that can change. Iowa has no rim protector at all.

If either team getting hot from outside and making it to the second weekend, or both winning a game and then done. Depends on the draw and if their outside shot is falling.

The difference is ISU is 2-2 vs KU, TT, and KSU, while Iowa is 0-4 against the top of the Big 10.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Considering how completely delusional that fan base is, I would consider that a quality take.

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA
This sounded like a CF rant after an ISU loss:

This ******* pathetic joke of a team will be lucky to make the NIT. That was the most pathetic half of basketball I've seen them play all season. No one on this team deserves the NCAA tournament. They just ******* gave up in the second half. I hate this team. I hate Fran. I'm so sick of this ********. This team will be lucky to win another game the rest of the season.

• Agree
Reactions: Cyclonepride

Hawkize31

Jul 6, 2010
I would love to hear your reasoning. Honestly, no sarcasm. Because if you look at their resume, they are a paper tiger. So, please elaborate. Thanks!
ISU has a better resume at this point and should be picked to advance further, but its not impossible to build some kind of case for Iowa going further:

Head to head Iowa cruised to a fairly comfortable victory over ISU. It was at Carver, but Carver's not worth a 14 point advantage.

You guys have worse losses. I'll use KenPom rankings because its the easiest. Iowa's worst loss is to #11 Wisconsin. ISU has lost to #42 KSU, #45 Baylor, and #68 Arizona. In a tourney setting with upset minded mid majors everywhere, its hard to advance if you can't put away teams you're better than.

Iowa already won a tournament this year, ISU hasn't. And yeah, before you say - the tournament was full of nobodies - yes, I know. Iowa beat #54 Oregon and #76 UConn, nothing to brag about honestly. But again - your neutral site tourney loss was against #68 Arizona and you couldn't put them away.

Again, ISU has the better resume, ranking, KenPom rating and should be picked to go further. But Iowa's done some good things this year too. Just need a signature win or 2 to really have a nice looking resume.

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
ISU has a better resume at this point and should be picked to advance further, but its not impossible to build some kind of case for Iowa going further:

Head to head Iowa cruised to a fairly comfortable victory over ISU. It was at Carver, but Carver's not worth a 14 point advantage.

You guys have worse losses. I'll use KenPom rankings because its the easiest. Iowa's worst loss is to #11 Wisconsin. ISU has lost to #42 KSU, #45 Baylor, and #68 Arizona. In a tourney setting with upset minded mid majors everywhere, its hard to advance if you can't put away teams you're better than.

Iowa already won a tournament this year, ISU hasn't. And yeah, before you say - the tournament was full of nobodies - yes, I know. Iowa beat #54 Oregon and #76 UConn, nothing to brag about honestly. But again - your neutral site tourney loss was against #68 Arizona and you couldn't put them away.

Again, ISU has the better resume, ranking, KenPom rating and should be picked to go further. But Iowa's done some good things this year too. Just need a signature win or 2 to really have a nice looking resume.
If Iowa can ever get a win against a team who is a legitimate current top 25 one that is not their Super Bowl, then maybe I could understand picking them to go further.

ST8TAILG8R

Jul 10, 2017

That’s great but Iowa State is a TOTALLY different team now compared to the team that lost to Iowa and Arizona early in the season. Wigs and Lard are back now giving us essentially 7 starters. Is Iowa that much different than the team we played? (Honest Question)

• Agree
Reactions: CyCloned

Hawkize31

Jul 6, 2010
That’s great but Iowa State is a TOTALLY different team now compared to the team that lost to Iowa and Arizona early in the season. Wigs and Lard are back now giving us essentially 7 starters. Is Iowa that much different than the team we played? (Honest Question)
Probably not. Iowa's about the same and ISU has improved it seems. If they played again today, maybe it would be a different outcome. Edit: But ISU's bad luck scheduling is not Iowa's problem. Whether they play early or late, the results count all the same.

• Agree
Reactions: isutrevman

Hawkize31

Jul 6, 2010
If Iowa can ever get a win against a team who is a legitimate current top 25 one that is not their Super Bowl, then maybe I could understand picking them to go further.
I can't sugarcoat it - Iowa has been getting stomped by the top tier B10 teams and they desperately need a high quality win. They've avoided bad losses, but that only gets you so far.

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018

Iowa has better loses this year, but it has zero better wins, other than your win against ISU. You have played 3 games against the teams ahead of you in the standings and were blown out in all three. Iowa season is shaping up a lot like Nebraska's season last year, a lot of wins against the bottom of the conference, with few or any against the top. That resume kept the Huskers out of the tourney last year.

• Agree
Reactions: GTO

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames

Wow! All of the sudden another hawk troll appears out of the blue. You've been a member since 2010 with 80 posts and 5 on this thread alone. Once you hit your 8th post you can come back in 2020 at this time to keep your average at 8. Are you the 4th cousin, twice removed, of yeahbuddy?

Reactions: Macloney

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron