***OFFICIAL: Yale @ Iowa State Game(day) Thread***

Psyclone Brian

Apr 11, 2006
42°00'50"N 93°
Ok Cyclone nation... Let's concentrate our thoughts on BB now.
This is the final game on CyclonesTV, and final non-conference tune-up game.
Time to cheer on our #2 money maker! It’s been almost a year since we lost a home men’s basketball game. It should be a while before the 'clones drop another.

We enter today's noon game against 4-9 Yale with 14 Hilton Coliseum wins in a row, and a chance to match the fourth-longest Hilton Coliseum streak in program history. GO CYCLONES!!!

images

Dryburn

Apr 3, 2006
Somewhere in the U.S.
It will be interesting to see how the team plays considering this will be the first game they have played in nearly 2 weeks. Yale played games this past Friday and Sunday. Hope it is not too sloppy on ISU's part.

ISUKyro

Oct 28, 2006
Houston, TX
Gotta make sure we get at least 70 pts since we are the only team left that has always scored at least 70

peteypie

Jun 20, 2007
Why was my thread deleted? Is this communist Russia?

If you delete my pre-game meltdown thread, then I expect all post game meltdown threads to be equally deleted.

Last edited:

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota

If you delete my pre-game meltdown thread, then I expect all post game meltdown thread to be equally deleted.

I think it is the ketchup on hotdog avatar on a board frequented by mustard people like me. :smile:

Or, maybe, just maybe, after a evening of football venting they didn't want to start the New Years off with a post baiting folks to argue? It's a new year and I am ready from something Cyclone positive and I am generally skeptical of crazy expectations but hopefully MBB or WBB will turn it on this winter!

BTW, HAPPY CYCLONE NEW YEAR!

peteypie

Jun 20, 2007
I think it is the ketchup on hotdog avatar on a board frequented by mustard people like me. :smile:

Or, maybe, just maybe, after a evening of football venting they didn't want to start the New Years off with a post baiting folks to argue? It's a new year and I am ready from something Cyclone positive and I am generally skeptical of crazy expectations but hopefully MBB or WBB will turn it on this winter!

BTW, HAPPY CYCLONE NEW YEAR!

So a fire messingham thread is ok, and all the post game meltdown threads that we will have after we BEAT Yale are ok, but a pre-game one getting all the concerns out of the way is taboo. Got it.

ISUKyro

Oct 28, 2006
Houston, TX

If you delete my pre-game meltdown thread, then I expect all post game meltdown threads to be equally deleted.
No - this is a site that has owners. The owners of the site can do as they wish. You agreed to the terms of service when you signed up (you probably didn't read them - nor did I)

peteypie

Jun 20, 2007
No - this is a site that has owners. The owners of the site can do as they wish. You agreed to the terms of service when you signed up (you probably didn't read them - nor did I)

Right, I just wish to know the reason why my original thread was deleted. It seems kind of wrong to delete what I thought was a legitimate thread without explanation. It's like waking up and your wife is gone without even a note to say goodbye.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota

With your avatar you didn't read the terms of service? The devil is in the details, man! :spinny:

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
It will be interesting to see how the team plays considering this will be the first game they have played in nearly 2 weeks. Yale played games this past Friday and Sunday. Hope it is not too sloppy on ISU's part.

Getting back to the actual game. Thanks for reminding us of how long it has been since we played. Might not be unreasonable to expect things to start a little rusty for us. I would be happy to see a low turnover smooth second half.

Dryburn

Apr 3, 2006
Somewhere in the U.S.
Getting back to the game.......interesting note from RP at the Register.......Randy Peterson@RandyPete#cyclones last New Years Day game was in 1943-- a 34-33 win vs. Iowa State Teachers College. Fixin' to go 7-0 AT on Jan. 1 vs. Yale today.

peteypie

Jun 20, 2007
We will struggle early but pull away to win by 17, or start hot and let them pull withing 9 to end the game.