***Official Who's Wanting to Leave the Big XII Thread***

cyclone83

Apr 10, 2006
Even temporarily, just to rake in the exit money from Texas and Oklahoma?

I don't think the schools write a check for exit money, they just don't get their share of TV money for the final year they play in the conference. If this all goes down in the next three weeks there will be no TV money to withhold since there will be no conference play next year.

Trying to sue for lack of prestige and future income would be fruitless since supposedly nothing was ever put in writing last summer regarding member loyalty. I don't think Pollard is counting on a big payday if the conference falls apart.

tm3308

Jun 13, 2010
I don't think the schools write a check for exit money, they just don't get their share of TV money for the final year they play in the conference. If this all goes down in the next three weeks there will be no TV money to withhold since there will be no conference play next year.

Trying to sue for lack of prestige and future income would be fruitless since supposedly nothing was ever put in writing last summer regarding member loyalty. I don't think Pollard is counting on a big payday if the conference falls apart.

If they announced in the next couple weeks, wouldn't they have to forfeit their TV money for THIS season?

bosco

Dec 21, 2008
Des Moines
Chip Brown just shined some light on potential moves from the Big 12 to Pac 12.
Orangebloods.com - The plot thickens to try to hold Big 12 together

Not looking good Cyclones.

When I texted a key source close to Texas Friday night if the Longhorns were preparing to head to the Pac-12 with Oklahoma, Oklahoma State and Texas Tech, the source texted back, "Leaning that way." The source later said there was a "50 to 60 percent" chance those schools would end up in the Pac-12.

So the people that are rumored to be looking at other places to jump to are the same ones in charge of B12 expansion?!

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron