***Official Who's Wanting to Leave the Big XII Thread***

rhillary

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 31, 2007
Plainfield, IL
Just saw this scroll across the bottom on the TV during the TCU/Baylor game.

I think it is time for ISU be proactive and start looking elsewhere and secure a spot in a BCS conference before the Big 12 explodes and we are left on the outside looking in b/c if that happens, I see ISU having to join Conference USA or the MAC.

I am hoping for the Mountain West or the Big East.

Uh, hoping for the Mountain West? That is absolute worst case. If the Big 12 falls apart I see us in the Big East. Mountain West is possible but there would have to be some other things happen for us to fall out of a BCS conference.

I am honestly really getting sick of all this talk. I long for the days were conferences weren't constantly looking for the team team in or their next move. I just want it to be about the sports (or heaven forbid, the academics and students!).:rolleyes:

Tank

Sep 13, 2008
Niceville, FL
Uh, hoping for the Mountain West? That is absolute worst case. If the Big 12 falls apart I see us in the Big East. Mountain West is possible but there would have to be some other things happen for us to fall out of a BCS conference.

I am honestly really getting sick of all this talk. I long for the days were conferences weren't constantly looking for the team team in or their next move. I just want it to be about the sports (or heaven forbid, the academics and students!).:rolleyes:

Hoping for the Mountain West over Conference USA or the MAC.

ISUcy08

Dec 22, 2008
Nice cherry picked article writing. The entire statement is nowhere as negative as ESPN makes it appear.

I'm not so sure. I've been pretty sure that the Big 12 will stick together. But after reading this I'm not so sure. He admitted they are going to see what is best for the university and that they will decide in the next three weeks. Wont be a wallflower. Not to be a downer the night before the game, but consider me officially worried.:confused:

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Just saw this scroll across the bottom on the TV during the TCU/Baylor game.

I think it is time for ISU be proactive and start looking elsewhere and secure a spot in a BCS conference before the Big 12 explodes and we are left on the outside looking in b/c if that happens, I see ISU having to join Conference USA or the MAC.

I am hoping for the Mountain West or the Big East.

Mountain West = Death

Big East = no future

Despite all this negativity, I am still of the opinion ISU will belong to the superconference that is formed of the remnants of the Big East, ACC, and Big 12 after the Pac 12, Big 10, and SEC have ravaged those conferences. If you take a minute to research it and see what all schools are going to be on the outside looking in, it's not nearly as worrysome as it initially appears.

tm3308

Jun 13, 2010
Not sure how serious Oklahoma is about entertaining "offers" at this point. I think perhaps more than anything, this is just serving notice: Start getting serious about finding suitable replacement(s) for the Big 12, or we're gone.

If that's the case, I don't think they're out of line. OU holds all the cards here, and I do think they want to see the Big 12 thrive, not just skate by on band-aids, duct tape, and prayer.

Tank

Sep 13, 2008
Niceville, FL
Mountain West = Death

Big East = no future

Despite all this negativity, I am still of the opinion ISU will belong to the superconference that is formed of the remnants of the Big East, ACC, and Big 12 after the Pac 12, Big 10, and SEC have ravaged those conferences. If you take a minute to research it and see what all schools are going to be on the outside looking in, it's not nearly as worrysome as it initially appears.

So, you would rather be in a BCS conference of remnant teams? Who's to say that the conference would be a BCS conference?

Remnant Conference:
ISU
K State
Baylor
Boston College
North Carolina State
Wake Forest
Virginia
Cinci
Louisville
UCONN
Syracuse
South Florida

Last edited:

fsanford

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 22, 2007
Los Angeles
So, you would rather be in a BCS conference of remnant teams? Who's to say that the conference would be a BCS conference?

Remnant Conference:
ISU
K State
Baylor
Boston College
North Carolina State
Wake Forest
Virginia
Cinci
Louisville
UCONN
Syracuse
South Florida

Hindsight being 20/20, it would have been better if the conference did fall apart last year, if the rumors were true we would be playing our first conference game on the 17th against UCONN, and we would have had maybe a couple of years of bliss.

skibumspe

Oct 8, 2006
South Korea

Remnant Conference:
ISU
K State
Baylor
Boston College
North Carolina State
Wake Forest
Virginia
Cinci
Louisville
UCONN
Syracuse
South Florida

If that has to be our 'remnant BCS conference,' I love it. I don't see any definitive powerhouse beating the pants off the other schools, all have good academics & the parity overall seems rather non-existent. Why couldn't this be the last BCS conference? All of those schools are legimitate, competitive & mostly respected.

Cyclone46

May 14, 2009
Charleston, SC
Let's be real honest here, if OU wanted stability or to stick with the Big 12, they would not be making these statements publicly. You don't lure BYU or anybody else with these comments, nor do you create a solidified B12. You cause more instability and fear.

I am the least of all dooms day posters, but this is very bad news for keeping the B12 together. OU has nothing to worry about, they will be fine and they know it. They leave and we get picked apart. They make these comments and it makes it near impossible to bring any university to the B12 with any real worth because the lynch pin of the B12 isn't all that loyal at the end of the day.

Rods79

Nov 27, 2006
Des Moines
Not sure how serious Oklahoma is about entertaining "offers" at this point. I think perhaps more than anything, this is just serving notice: Start getting serious about finding suitable replacement(s) for the Big 12, or we're gone.

If that's the case, I don't think they're out of line. OU holds all the cards here, and I do think they want to see the Big 12 thrive, not just skate by on band-aids, duct tape, and prayer.

We're not holding any cards here, Wade. They got 'em all.

fargo-25520.jpg

Cyclone46

May 14, 2009
Charleston, SC

All due respect, but OU doesn't make comments like this publicly if they want the Big 12 to thrive. All this does to the B12 is weaken their position. This isn't a threat publicly to the B12, and it is a open call to the rest of College football. OU is open for business. Who has the best offer?

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
All due respect, but OU doesn't make comments like this publicly if they want the Big 12 to thrive. All this does to the B12 is weaken their position. This isn't a threat publicly to the B12, and it is a open call to the rest of College football. OU is open for business. Who has the best offer?
Seems like Boren is shopping for the best deal in the next there weeks whether in league or the other three conferences. No wonder he wants to lead the committee finding teams. He kills two birds with one stone. He is a CEO looking for a merger or a spinoff. He is the fox in the henhouse. And you guys were coughing on UT.

Last edited:

Cyclone46

May 14, 2009
Charleston, SC
Seems like Boren is shopping for the best deal in the next there weeks whether in league or the other three conferwences. No wonder he wants to lead the committee finding teams. He kills two birds with one stone. He is a CEO looking for a merger or a spinoff.

Absolutely. For OU, it is a no lose situation and who cares who they leave twisting in the wind during the process.

colbycheese

Jun 11, 2010
Kansas
twitter.com
Chip Brown just shined some light on potential moves from the Big 12 to Pac 12.
Orangebloods.com - The plot thickens to try to hold Big 12 together

Not looking good Cyclones.
When I texted a key source close to Texas Friday night if the Longhorns were preparing to head to the Pac-12 with Oklahoma, Oklahoma State and Texas Tech, the source texted back, "Leaning that way." The source later said there was a "50 to 60 percent" chance those schools would end up in the Pac-12.

Redhawk94

Jun 30, 2010
First time I've read all his comments. I don't see anything out of line and in fact it reads to me they want the B12 to be stable and add members and live on, but if not, we have options.

No way that Oklahoma makes that statement unless they are already leaning towards leaving the Big 12.