***Official who should we root for to get ISU to the Alamo Bowl thread***

CYCLNST8

Jul 19, 2008
Urbandale
www.gimikk.com
The best interest for Iowa State is to get Oklahoma into the CFP for CFP money shared amongst the Big 12. Mo' money!

Precisely. With a convincing win over Texas, OU should get the 3 seed making it easier to advance to the championship game. Along with Texas in the Sugar, we'll be raking in the dough. Ever since realignment, I'm very pro Big 12.

tolfbfan

Nov 29, 2015
Ohio
If Ohio State beats Northwestern by 28 or more and Georgia loses by 14 or more put it in the bank. Ohio State will be number 4. Otherwise, Okie gets in with a win if Georgia loses. Just my opinion. Everyone thinks this is Urban's last year and they [tv] want the drama of it all.

tolfbfan

Nov 29, 2015
Ohio
ORLANDO PLEASE! Great chance we can be there!

I'll be in Maderia Beach from the 21st on. Two hour drive to Orlando. Any CF'ers welcome to drop by for drinks if bowl is in Florida.

Last edited:

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
You haven't been watching the NCAA then. They will move heaven, earth, and every TV exec in the universe to get OSU into the playoff. Has nothing to do with good, or deserving, body of work, best team or any other objective data. It has to do with branding and TV money.

I will be shocked if OU and OSU are not within a place of each other in tomorrow's CFP, and then when both win their CCG, OSU will jump OU because "already played Texas once, so the win is not as good". Which is a joke, because NW wouldn't be top half of the Big12.

Watch it happen, kids.

Just like you predicted. They even dropped Northwestern 2 spots to really sell it.

Bestaluckcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 25, 2009
Would love to see Notre Dame drop down to fourth because they do not play a championship game. Also OU in of course.

• Agree
Reactions: CYCLNST8

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Jamie Pollard just said on the Coaches Corner that the Alamo Bowl asked how many of their 12,000 team tickets we would sell (as if that was a big number). Pollard said "All of them!" Essentially he said that if Texas is in a New Years 6 bowl, it will come down to Alamo picking between us and West Virginia. He finished the show talking about how we would turn San Antonio into a pep rally (maybe even doing something on the Incarnate Word campus).

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
You haven't been watching the NCAA then. They will move heaven, earth, and every TV exec in the universe to get OSU into the playoff. Has nothing to do with good, or deserving, body of work, best team or any other objective data. It has to do with branding and TV money.

I will be shocked if OU and OSU are not within a place of each other in tomorrow's CFP, and then when both win their CCG, OSU will jump OU because "already played Texas once, so the win is not as good". Which is a joke, because NW wouldn't be top half of the Big12.

Watch it happen, kids.
It could happen, but it is no longer a Big 10 dominant committee, and its not OSU jumping Baylor or TCU. While not at the level of OSU or Michigan, Oklahoma still is a big name.

FrankDrebin

Jul 21, 2014
It could happen, but it is no longer a Big 10 dominant committee, and its not OSU jumping Baylor or TCU. While not at the level of OSU or Michigan, Oklahoma still is a big name.

Also relevant-
This Ohio St got blown out by 6-6 instead of a close loss

This Ohio State faces #21 Northwestern with 4 losses instead of top ten Wisconsin

TheSammo

Nov 23, 2012
Jamie Pollard just said on the Coaches Corner that the Alamo Bowl asked how many of their 12,000 team tickets we would sell (as if that was a big number). Pollard said "All of them!" Essentially he said that if Texas is in a New Years 6 bowl, it will come down to Alamo picking between us and West Virginia. He finished the show talking about how we would turn San Antonio into a pep rally (maybe even doing something on the Incarnate Word campus).
Is this a joke? I think we'd sell 25,000.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron