*** OFFICIAL VEISHEA WEEK 2014 THREAD ***

CysRage

Oct 18, 2009
darth_vader_no.gif

ketelmeister

Oct 24, 2006
How is it not anything more than the PR decision? It does exactly nothing to prevent further issues, and just harms those who did nothing wrong. The ONLY positive is that creates the appearance of the university doing anything, iow its just a PR decision.

You comments are nutty. Sorry, what in the world do you expect a University President to do? I don't like it any better than anyone else. The Cherry Pies are a tradition, the Parade is great, but IF something else happens and he didn't take this action, all the fingers would point to him and Iowa State.;

cycloneman003

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 14, 2008
Madison, WI
Interesting fact about last night's riot, the party on Hunt street that it seems to have partially originated from was at house lived in by a number of my former fraternity brothers (I've graduated from Ames and moved now). They were throwing a party in the house obviously, but once they realized the number of people that had gathered outside as well, THEY called the party in to the cops because they thought it was getting out of hand. I found that kind of interesting because the cops didn't come in and just bust up the party, but these guys started to get concerned with the size and activity of the crowd and called the cops to help them disperse it to prevent anything happening at their how. Next thing you know this mob of people is doing the exact things they feared, just down on welch now.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
You comments are nutty. Sorry, what in the world do you expect a University President to do? I don't like it any better than anyone else. The Cherry Pies are a tradition, the Parade is great, but IF something else happens and he didn't take this action, all the fingers would point to him and Iowa State.;

Leath is awful concerned about getting sued. It seems most of his decisions are based on that.

Iowa State doesn't exactly get sued often.