*** Official Southeastern Louisiana vs #11 IOWA STATE Game(Day) Thread ***

Pope

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 7, 2015
We have a plan for an alternate opponent in case the Tuesday night game is cancelled because of COVID. Should be an announcement tomorrow morning.

Reactions: WhoISthis

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
I want answers NOW! Ha!
mymoney-needthat.gif

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
I would usually agree, but we play elite defense. We will be in low scoring games on the road and I like our chances the way we have looked in our small sample size of games away from home.
Yeah we could legit win (or lose) Big 12 games where neither team makes it out of the 50s

allfourcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 26, 2012
damn we need some shooters

I will be bashed for bringing this up, because it's worthless to go back, so I'll apologize ahead of time, but DAMN.....I still wish we would have been agressive to get Hawkins. AJ Green would have been really nice, wouldn't he? Kudos to him for his loyalty to UNI tho.

WhoISthis

Oct 6, 2010
So. Are we just going to get just enough to beat the teams we should beat this year and be competitive with all the really good teams OR are we trending down offensively overall? Thoughts?
Jackson St has a better defense than iowa

• Haha
Reactions: mynameisjonas

isuno1fan

Mar 30, 2006
Clive, Iowa
Baylor went on the road last night and came from behind to beat Oregon. That's a tuneup. We're playing two cupcakes. I get it. We're coming off a big game with Iowa and it's been finals week, but I worry how we'll be able to ratchet things up for Baylor.
REALLY unlikely we beat Baylor. I wouldn't get my hopes up. Hopefully we can keep it competitive.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
I will be bashed for bringing this up, because it's worthless to go back, so I'll apologize ahead of time, but DAMN.....I still wish we would have been agressive to get Hawkins. AJ Green would have been really nice, wouldn't he? Kudos to him for his loyalty to UNI tho.
Agree on needing shooters. I think Gabe has been a fine player, but he has been worse than streaky as a shooter like he was described coming in

SolarGarlic

Jan 18, 2016
Baylor is really good. Extremely athletic. But I wasn't overwhelmed by their skill like last season. They're worthy of #1, but they're beatable.

• Agree
Reactions: TrulyCyclone

Pope

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 7, 2015
Agree on needing shooters. I think Gabe has been a fine player, but he has been worse than streaky as a shooter like he was described coming in
Gabe plays solid defense. When he goes off offensively, that's just a bonus. He just has to make sure he doesn't hurt us by taking poor shots.

• Optimistic
Reactions: WhoISthis

ABECyguy

Nov 14, 2019
Ames
I think Gabe has been great with effort and defense, especially with his shot not going down. His form looks good and he shoots with confidence, so it’s so strange that he just can’t get them to drop

NENick

Feb 14, 2017
Baylor went on the road last night and came from behind to beat Oregon. That's a tuneup. We're playing two cupcakes. I get it. We're coming off a big game with Iowa and it's been finals week, but I worry how we'll be able to ratchet things up for Baylor.

I said in another thread that it would be nice to have a higher level game among these last 2 before Baylor, but that going into the season I wanted a bunch of cupcakes. No one expected a 10-0 team needing to continue to test itself. We all just wanted some wins to wash the taste of 2020-21 out of our mouths.

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
I’m really not worried when Big 12 play hits. This team struggles offensively, but every game they eventually wear other teams down with its defense. Next couple months will be fun to see.

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa

Sorry, got guys confused. Gabe is not a good shot. Grill has a great looking shot. He might be the only guy on the team you can say that about. Maybe Jaz. Even Grill is wildly inconsistent from game to game.

Last edited: