*** Official Oklahoma State vs IOWA STATE Game(Day) Thread ***

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Woof we were offensively challenged tonight. There was some atrocious reffing but it really didn't affect the outcome of the game. It's still been a amazing season hopefully we get 1 or 2 wins in the NCAA's.

ISU_Guy

Jul 21, 2021
Des Moines
1st question of the press conference.
IB: This is the 2nd time this season that a new low has been scored in this buildings history....where do you go from here on offense.

I don't think most people understand how hard that is to do.

I also love how people talk about zone causing disruption and how we dont' see a lot of zone all year.
D1 athletes have probably played a 1000 games against a zone in their lifetime. They know how to beat a zone. starts by making shots for one.

Randy Bobandy

Sep 3, 2019
Tonight was my son's first time ever watching a basketball game, and he threw up all over the TV in disgust. 36 points. Thanks for ruining the game of basketball for my son, Cyclones.

• Informative
Reactions: CyBobby

dahliaclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 4, 2007
Minneapolis
Got to give Oklahoma State credit too though. Coach Boynton has absolutely done an incredible job getting his guys engaged every game this year despite the ineligibility for the postseason. Those guys play hard every game, and really don’t get blown-out when they do lose. Remarkable. He should get recognized by the conference for his efforts in some capacity.
Yup. They have the follow margins of losses in the league:

They also won AT #1 Baylor by 7 and beat Texas by 13. They're a salty team but their record doesn't show it.

UnCytely

SuperFanatic
Sep 24, 2017
Council Bluffs, Iowa
I work afternoons/evenings, so I don't get to watch many night games. Got home, and looked at the score. 36 points??? Really? At home? Wow. Is that a record low?

Go2Guy

Mar 18, 2006
Houston, TX
Wow, kenpom dropped us 13 spots after that loss. Brutal.

Bizarre to tout the Quad 1 wins and have the same team only score 36 at home on Sr night. What a goofy season. Kempom rankings can be interesting when St Mary's, SanFran and Murray St are in the top25.

singsing

Nov 2, 2007
Got home late and turned the game on at 30-30..Wish I'd stayed at work. That was the worst basketball I've ever seen played.

Reactions: CyBobby

CyBobby

Oct 18, 2006
Central Iowa
I thank Tre Jackson, Jaden Walker, George Conditt, Gabe Kalscheur and Robert Jones for being Cyclones.

TJ, time to upgrade those scholarships
If Coach TJ's recruiting doesn't get any better, Look for a lot more games just like this one in Hilton. The Okie State Coach can flat...Identify good players and then Recruit good players!

• Agree
Reactions: Lineup

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
Refs didn't lose us the game, but thought they cost us the bets opportunity to win... That "goaltend" on the dunk would have made us only down 6. We looked defeated after that. We have to respond better to that kind of adversity, so not an excuse.
Part of the problem is the crowd's booing. You could see their play falling off the more the grievances were being heard. Gotta pick the players up at some point.

exCYtable

Apr 15, 2010
Still sick to my stomach about that performance last night. Nothing worse than starting morning off in a crappy mood because of your sports team and the fact you'll have to hear about it all day at work. Really sucks.

mjhavlo76

Jun 23, 2009
Still sick to my stomach about that performance last night. Nothing worse than starting morning off in a crappy mood because of your sports team and the fact you'll have to hear about it all day at work. Really sucks.

Bottom line, Oklahoma State wanted it more. The effort showed. Like I said before, credit Coach Boynton and staff. Their record doesn’t show how good they really are. The Cowboys had length and athleticism that we couldn’t match.