***OFFICIAL: Northern Illinois @ ISU Game(day) Thread***

IAStubborn

Aug 16, 2012
Hey and we scored more in the first half than the second! Most years we would ***** about that but having a fast start and solid finish is something they havent done in a while.

CloneDontCare

Jul 27, 2009
With us scoring 99 points tonight and Iowa 67, if my math is right we'll jump back to #2 in the nation in PPG, right behind Oregon.

JHpsyclonz

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa City
I hope that all the people who think Fred will be jumping to the NBA watch Fred's post game interview, you can really tell how much Coach Orr meant to him.

cyatheart

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2008
Could tell from the post game this was really hard on Freddy. Really looked like it hit him hard.

mitten1975

Oct 27, 2012
I couldn't stand watching any more about Johnny. I think I saw almost every game that was on TV when Johnny was coach, plus quite a few at Hilton. Hard to see the world without Johnny.

mitten1975

Oct 27, 2012
Needs to be said, Percy played well tonight. Didn't take any bad shots, played sound team ball. The whole bench was good. That is what I like to see.

mjhavlo76

Jun 23, 2009
Absolutely right. Percy Gibson played good team basketball tonight. His shooting percentage has always been good. The thing I have profound respect for the guy is that he doesn't whine about playing time, being in the spotlight, etc. He just wants to get victories. And Percy genuinely appears to be a team player. Not to mention, he is reportedly not to shabby in the classroom.

Needs to be said, Percy played well tonight. Didn't take any bad shots, played sound team ball. The whole bench was good. That is what I like to see.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Did anybody else think the NIU coach was a bit of a jerk? He always seemed mad about something, even when they made good plays.

How much did Nader enjoy watching this game from near our bench rather than from the floor playing for them?

Cyrocks

Mar 12, 2009
I hope that all the people who think Fred will be jumping to the NBA watch Fred's post game interview, you can really tell how much Coach Orr meant to him.

^^^^
This a hundred times, JHpsclonz. I was going to post something along the same lines before Coach Orr's passing. Think about it. When Coach Hoiberg was a senior, he could have went west to Nebraska where there would have been a 98 percent chance of him leading the Huskers to a national title in football as the QB. Those who will say, "He wasn't that good of a quarterback -- he was a better basketball player" don't know the hell what they are talking about. If Osborne wanted him, he was a great quarterback.

But Hoiberg decided to stay in Ames and play for an up and coming basketball program, and the ONLY reason for that is JOHNNY ORR. Hoiberg had a better chance of winning a national title in football than in basketball, and I think he knew it. But out of two great coaches in two different sports, Hoiberg chose JOHNNY ORR.

Now, Hoiberg MAY bolt to the NBA at some point, but not before he feels he has taken this program to heights that only Johnny Orr would approve of. That hasn't happened yet.