***Official NCAA Thread***

Dryburn

Apr 3, 2006
Somewhere in the U.S.
Wow. Sure hope the players don't reach this.

Some of you act like ISU should have gotten byes the first couple of rounds or something. This is not the 2000 team. They did not finish the season at 29-4 and deserve a 2 seed or something. This team finished with 10 losses, including a couple of bad ones, and lost in the first round of the Big 12 tourney. They were ranked once, the last week of the season at no. 25, and then promptly went out and lost their next game. Seriously, what did you expect?

Yes, UCONN is a tough draw, but I don't think as tough as some of you are making them. They certainly are not a Kansas, Baylor, Missouri, or even a K-State. They have 13 losses, and yes they play in the Big East, but remember how well that conference did overall in last year's tourney? Look at UCONN's stats, wins and losses, and roster. Does not seem very impressive to me. Plus, they lost to Providence, at Providence by 2 points in February, a team that ISU beat on a neutral court.

Here is how UCONN/ISU rank in ESPN's categories.....UCONN numbers first. Points per game 153rd (UCONN)/ 53rd (ISU), Rebounds per game 31st/62nd, Assists per game 107th/49th, Field Goal Percentage 91st/111th. Also, UCONN shoots 33 per cent from behind the arc. ISU shoots better than 38 per cent.

In their top 9 by minutes, they have one junior and no seniors. The rest are all freshmen and sophomores. Size-wise, they appear similar to ISU, at least for those who play any minutes. Their guards appear to be about the same or slightly smaller than ISU's.

All I am saying is stop panicking. ISU can beat this team. No one said the NCAA would be easy, especially when ISU is a middle seed.