****Official National Duals Thread****

yler4cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 23, 2009
Ankeny, IA
Sorenson just got a reversal. He needs to let him up and take him down.

EDIT: Sounds like Sorenson is turning it on. 4-2 and getting back points.

Judoka

Jun 16, 2010
Timbuktu
Sorenson comes up huge with the pin!!!!!

ISU 12 - 12 American after 157

Reader still needs to get bonus though.

Reactions: yler4cy

Judoka

Jun 16, 2010
Timbuktu
Reader needs to learn how to cut and release. I'd love a pin but we need a major.

I'll forgive him if he gets the pin though.

CydeOut

Nov 21, 2009
Kansas
Cyclone wrestling is down this year, everyone knew that coming into the season as our roster is depleted. Losing to BSU and, no kidding, American wouldn't be all that surprising.

However, we all have permission to be surprised by how awful Weatherman has wrestled. All we heard about was how great this kid was going to be and how well he has done in the room, but has been pounded on by guys that don't need to be destroying him if he is half as good as we were made to believe. Disappointing is a gross understatement.

Also, if you go back to last year when I posted frequently on our wrestling team, I am a huge fan of Ward and thought he had the raw talent to be an exceptional wrestler, but he can fall in the same category as Weatherman as far as I am concerned. He has quickness that guys his size just flat out can't match, but just as another poster on hear said about Ward earlier, he takes NO shots when it counts and has a chance to win. My conclusion is he has no heart, he has no passion for the sport. Wrestling is about guts and pushing yourself to the limit and he continues to show none of that going on two years +. I'm so sick of seeing him throw away matches and not giving himself a shot to win. Anyone who has watched this guy as a wrestler would say this is a fair criticism of him. He will upset a highly ranked guy one night and then get a simple decision over a pud or lose to an average wrestler the next. Has all the physical tools but completely lacks the heart and passion (and I suppose skill set) it takes to meet what his physical attributes would allow.

Not disappointed with the team, I would say we are par for the course all things considered.

CYVADER

Nov 16, 2006
Cornfields
sort of agree on ward, but if he didn't have heart, he wouldn't be a d1 wrestler. i just think it's mental. maybe he gets "up" for the bigger matches?

Judoka

Jun 16, 2010
Timbuktu
Cyclone wrestling is down this year, everyone knew that coming into the season as our roster is depleted. Losing to BSU and, no kidding, American wouldn't be all that surprising.

Both of those schools are top 10 teams...

Other than that I agree with you though.

Judoka

Jun 16, 2010
Timbuktu
Reader with the Tech Fall!

ISU 17 - 12 American

We need to win at 184, I Ward hasn't been impressive today.