***Official Montgomery and Butler NFL Thread***

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
I said it when he declared for the draft, Butler wasn’t ready. Needed on more year in college to fix his drop issues. Too bad, he would have probably been the best receiver in the draft next year and now he making 6th round money.

During the broadcast one of the announcers said that they would be keeping 8 and maybe 9 WR's, he also pointed out that Butler makes the hard catches and then drops the easy ones. They did like his size and what he does after the catch.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Bears forums last night were liking David too so you KNOW things went well if a message board is positive. :rolleyes:

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I was @ Lambeau tonight. Biased of course but I thought Lazard looked great. He's huge, runs good routes, and was targeted multiple times in the 2nd half. He drew a PI for about 40 yards on the same drive where he caught his TD. Very cool to see him get his 1st NFL TD in person, even if it was preseason. I hope it's the first of many.

He's their tallest receiver, correct?

StClone

Dec 17, 2009
Wisconsin
TD Lazard, TD Montgomery that has to be a first for Cyclone Pro players in preseason on opening day. Any Butler Highlight links out there?

Last edited:

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
You think he's a lock? I'm just saying, lets not all jump to a conclusion that he's 100% on the 53 man.
3rd round draft picks have something like a 97% chance of making a roster in their first year. I think given his position, the fact that organization is in a rebuild mode, and the fact that Kingsbury got to see Butler for 2 straight years has to help make you feel a bit better.

ZB4CY

Dec 17, 2012
Yes, he's a lock.

I'm clearly rooting for him.

But Fitz, Kirk, White, Johnson, Cooper, Issabella, Byrd...

There some good pro's on that roster at WR. Johnson was a 6th rounder by the Cards, but he's shown more in training camp than Butler has.

ZB4CY

Dec 17, 2012
3rd round draft picks have something like a 97% chance of making a roster in their first year. I think given his position, the fact that organization is in a rebuild mode, and the fact that Kingsbury got to see Butler for 2 straight years has to help make you feel a bit better.

He was taken in the 4th (not that its that big a difference). They took Isabella in the 2nd.