***Official Minnesota vs ISU Game Thread***

cyclone13

Apr 7, 2009
So, basically, to buy tickets means finding a Minnesota fan outside, or is there a way to buy them ahead of time?

Not sure if I can pull it off, but I'm very curious.

Go to Gophers website. I checked around 10.30-11 that there were good seats available and I think you can order through will call

cy4prez7

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2010
Des Moines
This game was incredible! Got loud in there but not really until halfway through the fourth set. GREAT match though!

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
OK. 3-0 when I start the game threads. I have to work till 11, but will get it started. Only question, do I chance the ability to get a ticket (I would think I can scalp 1 from either Purdue or Minny fan).

single session tickets will be available at the door for $12 or go online to the Gopher ticket offcie and order them and pick them up on Saturday.

Last edited:

cydney

Mar 14, 2011
There is general admission seating, so they will likely just keep selling tickets knowing that most UM fans will not show.

Speaking of UM fans, none of them cheered for Purdue during the first match. If a Big 12 team is playing on ISU's court (against an opponent other than ISU), most ISU fans would cheer for the Big 12 team.

Who can explain the reason that Kelsey served at the end, the first time she's served all year? It's mentioned in the post-game interviews, but no reason. Usually she and Caitlin sub in/out. She finished great, just wondering if it was a coach's decision or the option to sub was not there.

Cysister

Mar 18, 2008
Dubuque, IA
You only get so many subs for a game. It was so back and forth the rotations were moving through quickly and the extra points used up all of the substitutions. Kelsey stepped up big time under pressure to just get it over the net and in.

Royalclone

Jun 22, 2008
Lee's Summit, MO
Also, in the last match of the day, USC knocks off Hawaii in Honolulu in a 5 game thriller.

I know the team is not looking ahead, but I can:twitcy: A USC-ISU match-up would be intriguing, not just because of the uni similarities like with UM, but also because USC was whining the most about the seeding. Both teams would have a lot they would be out to prove about that. BTW, as of right now, 3 of the top 4 seeds are still alive. The only one that is out is the one whose seeding matched its ranking in the coaches' poll.

cydney

Mar 14, 2011
There is a women's sports radio show by Brenda Van Lengen and Mechelle Voepel.

Women's Sports Central - The home for all women's sports featuring the WSC Radio Show WomensSportsCentral.com

They aired a show on Friday before the sweet sixteen matches. About midway through the program, they talk about volleyball and eventually get to the Minneapolis regional.

Voepel still cannot quite let go of her opinion of the bracketing injustice. She originally predicted Purdue would make it out of the region and stuck with that before Friday's matches.

On the other hand, Van Lengen was very complimentary of CJL and the Cyclones. She predicted ISU making it to San Antonio, says she just has a feeling. She has actually been at Hilton covering ISU vball this season for a couple of televised games, so she has watched the team in person.

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
I know the team is not looking ahead, but I can:twitcy: A USC-ISU match-up would be intriguing, not just because of the uni similarities like with UM, but also because USC was whining the most about the seeding. Both teams would have a lot they would be out to prove about that. BTW, as of right now, 3 of the top 4 seeds are still alive. The only one that is out is the one whose seeding matched its ranking in the coaches' poll.

Husband and I have debated about this - we are familiar with Texas, but they've beaten us twice this year. We are unfamiliar with USC, but the way they played last night against Hawaii? Yikes, they are a frightening team. So pick your poison, I guess!

But first we need to beat FSU!

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron