Official ISU @ Mizzou Gamethread

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
Lets hope the shooting improves. I wonder if we've got one of the worst FG%s for shots taken inside the paint.

Silly.

clonefarmer

Apr 16, 2006
Our shots aren't falling cause we're rushing them, even the wide open ones. We just need to slow down a hair.

Have you ever seen a team that fouls more than Missour? I think their philosophy is that the refs won't call them all.

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
Crazy stat, we've got twice the turnovers as Mizzu (7 to 14) yet we're getting more points off turnovers (8 to 3). At least we're doing good at getting back after we screw up.

ce1

Mar 23, 2006
Minnesota
He isn't in legal position when he's shuffling.

That's depends on the play. If two players are running, and th offensive player turns into the defensive player (initiating contact), then it's an offensive foul, even if the defensive player is shuffling.

Cyphor

Aug 9, 2006
I can't help but imagine Stinson and Blalock against this team. We'd eat 'em up.

ISUAlum2002

Apr 11, 2006
Toon Town, IA
That's depends on the play. If two players are running, and th offensive player turns into the defensive player (initiating contact), then it's an offensive foul, even if the defensive player is shuffling.

Running and shuffling are two totally different things. I agree with you, though. On that particular play, it appeared to me that the Mizzou player shuffled into the path of the offensive player when it was clear that was the path that he was taking.

Cyphor

Aug 9, 2006
What happend to Missouri? They used to be good in the Stewert years. Now their arena is half empty. Looks worse than Colorado.

HiltonMagic

Apr 12, 2006
CA
Visit site
it doesn't make a difference if the feet shuffle or move, a charge occurs when the ball handler initiates contact with a defender in legal position.

B1 is standing under the basket before A1 jumps for a layup. The
forward momentum of A1 causes contact with B1. RULING: B1 is entitled to the position provided that there was no movement into such position by B1 after A1 leaped from the floor. When the ball goes through the basket before the contact occurs, the
contact shall be ignored unless B1 has been placed at a disadvantage by being unable to rebound when the shot is missed or unable to put the ball in play without delay, when the try is successful. When the contact occurs before the ball becomes dead, a charging foul has been committed by A1. When B1 moves into the path of A1 after A1 has left the floor, the foul shall be on B1. It shall be an intentional foul when a player moves into the path
of an airborne opponent with the intent to undercut and contact results. When the moving player moves under the airborne opponent and there is danger of severe injury as a result
of the contact, it shall be a flagrant personal foul on the moving player.

Cyphor

Aug 9, 2006
There is some kind of witchcraft hovering over our basket. Every shot just rolls of the rim.

Drive4cy

Nov 17, 2006
Poor Jiri, he's playing well, taking good shots but he can't buy any luck right now. Had atleast 4 shots roll off rim that would normally fall.

clones_jer

Apr 16, 2006
IA
B1 is standing under the basket before A1 jumps for a layup. The
forward momentum of A1 causes contact with B1. RULING: B1 is entitled to the position provided that there was no movement into such position by B1 after A1 leaped from the floor. When the ball goes through the basket before the contact occurs, the
contact shall be ignored unless B1 has been placed at a disadvantage by being unable to rebound when the shot is missed or unable to put the ball in play without delay, when the try is successful. When the contact occurs before the ball becomes dead, a charging foul has been committed by A1. When B1 moves into the path of A1 after A1 has left the floor, the foul shall be on B1. It shall be an intentional foul when a player moves into the path
of an airborne opponent with the intent to undercut and contact results. When the moving player moves under the airborne opponent and there is danger of severe injury as a result
of the contact, it shall be a flagrant personal foul on the moving player.

I'm not sure the case helps too much, we were discussing contact completely away from the basket, with no shot attempt.