***Official: ISU @ EIU Post game thread***

ca4cy

Dec 6, 2009
North Central IA
DG was 5-23 tonight and 0-7 from 3 pt land.

He has been a hard worker ever since he got here and we all appreciate that but until we get a real point guard don't expect alot out of this team. Glad we won, but against 90% of our remaining schedule we would have got our butts kicked with a performance like that out of our PG. Run the team, let Scotty shoot the 3's and get everyone else involved if you're off. Really frustrating.

Yup. He needs to figure out why teams are sagging 6' off of him. It's great that he's confident, but he is not a good shooter. Get to the hoop and kick DG!

Great win! Thank you Scotty!!!

hawkeyescott

Jun 13, 2008
To be fair, the no call charge was also a no call foul on the hok, watch his hand as he swats Anderson's arm. Just saying.

The charge happened before he hit his arm's. But like I said that didn't lose the game for Iowa.

AirWalke

Aug 7, 2006
Des Moines
Favorite part of the game was Scotty C catching fire.

And the shot that BTN had of the disappointed Iowa fan wearing the football helmet, after coming back from commercial break. Someone should have told the poor guy that he was at a basketball game.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
Oh we've got a new gem over on HN-- Scottie should have been ejected for the throat slashing motion.

azn4cy

Dec 27, 2008
DSM
This. I thought he said "see you in 2011" in the game thread? He and his bandwagon fandom needs to go join EIU.

That wouldn't even be good enough for him.

I'd say he needs to become a Florida or Alabama fan in football and a Duke fan in bball.

acgclone

Feb 21, 2007
That was a fun *ss game! I'm obviously glad we won, but had we lost it still would have been an exciting game. I think this rivalry is going to be fun to watch for years to come.

MB4CY

Aug 29, 2009
Norwalk, IA
Wow, what a game. I was ticked half the time with some of our play, but a win's a win -- and a win in Hawkeye central is always golden. Officiating sucked big time, but bad calls went both ways.

By the way, I think I'm going to learn to hate Frannie Mac.

gocubs2118

Mar 31, 2006
Illinois
Ha, Scotty went 7-12 from 3 and his 3PT% is going to go down. Just goes to show you how good he's been all year long.

Yes13

Oct 9, 2009
It's pretty obvious that ISU and Iowa will be at the top of this state again. UNI had its run.

xboxfever

Nov 4, 2008
The refs were very fair to both teams. If they favored anyone they favored ISU in a very slim margin. JVB should have had a technical for throwing the basketball after a foul was called on him. Also, the no call on the obvious charge also fell ISU way. On the other hand you have an Iowa guy going over the back a few times and they called a foul on ISU. Very evenly reffed.

iowast8fan

Aug 3, 2006
Ankeny
All I know is this game is going to fun to watch in the coming years.

ISU is going to start running away with this matchup. We have a very mediocre team on the floor, and were still able to pick up a road win where we haven't won since 2002. We have a huge increase in talent coming next year. So, you are correct, it will be fun to watch in the coming years...for ISU fans.

bufante

Nov 27, 2006
DMI
The charge happened before he hit his arm's. But like I said that didn't lose the game for Iowa.

Yeah, maybe if the Hawks made a couple of free throws, who knows. ISU was only 50% from the line too...and Scotty missed two of those!

CLONECRAZY

Nov 28, 2010
Eastern Iowa
Great win!!! As excited as my families been watching a Clone game in a long time.

Why so tough on DG fans?? If he made those shots, you'd be praising him like Scotty. Folks that's part of the game, but he can't drive every time, you have to keep your defender honest. How do you get your 3 pt shot back if you stop shooting? Plus many of his shots in the second half were w/ the shot clock running down. Nobody pushes the ball like DG. I'll take a W, don't care how DG shoots.

Loved that 2nd half fight...............GO CLONES!!!!

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
I thought it was a hand motion attempting to "cool" himself. Maybe I saw it differently.

Yah, all I saw was one of those "you can't see me" type things football players do, never a throatslit motion...

Bobber

Apr 12, 2006
Hudson, Iowa
The way Iowa owned the boards in the first half, I did not expect us to win. Great half time adjustments and hats off to Coach Hoiberg and staff.

Really wish we had more of an inside game, but you have to work with what you have for cards.

Big win for us.