*** Official Iowa vs IOWA STATE Game(Day) Thread ***

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
I thought it was a properly officiated game. There were a call here and there that were questionable, but that happens every game. The teams decided the outcome themselves. Iowa State made too many mistakes, and Iowa took advantage of the mistakes.

Iowa “should” win 10+ games this year, not because the team is great, but because their schedule is terrible the rest of the way. Only one difficult game remaining for Iowa. They’ll get exposed in the conference title game
I thought it was close to properly officiated.
I would have called probably a PI on ISU and Iowa once each. Not really giving each team either an advantage since it was called the same way.
By saying no penalties on Iowa, it reaffirms this:
Iowa doesn't make many mistakes so it's time to clamp down after that TD.

ISU to play the way CMC wants to, against Iowa, needs to play basically perfect. We didn't.

Skyh13

Mar 17, 2006
How did they underachieve?

I imagine you either watched it yourself or can go and read about expectations based on their players, combined with the number of drafted players on that roster and who they were. If you feel differently, then fine, but I fail to see the use in discussing it.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I imagine you either watched it yourself or can go and read about expectations based on their players, combined with the number of drafted players on that roster and who they were. If you feel differently, then fine, but I fail to see the use in discussing it.

I'd love to go back and read about the expectations after the LA game or when the expectations were high since most of the year we didn't think there'd be a season.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
They’ll do it this year and Iowa State won’t. They’ll beat us for the second year in a row. You can be satisfied with that but I’m not

What are your expectations for ISU football?

What is that based on outside of the year where some teams played 6 games?

Cardinal2001

Feb 14, 2007
Ames
In progress.

My game time beer breakdown was

4 Ames Lagers
1 Old Style

our best and worst plays came while I was drinking Ames Lager. However, I got sick of watching and went out and hit golf balls while listening to Jon and Eric while sipping Ames Lager. We won 10-0 while I was doing that. So in a way, this loss is my fault, since I didn't do that the entire afternoon.

H
couldn't throw in a swarm beer? just in case?

jbhtexas

Oct 20, 2006
Arlington, TX
Agreed. While it’s fun to win this game, it’s treated the same as any other non conference game. If I had to choose between the following options, I would take a 6-3 conference record with a loss to Iowa than a 3-6 conference record with a win over Iowa

I think this team will get better as the season progresses just because there is so much youth on the offensive side.
Those winning conference records came with NFL-caliber RBs and QB on the roster. That kind of talent can cover alot of "bad". That "bad" is still here, but NFL-caliber talent doesn't seem to be.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron