*** Official IOWA STATE vs Ohio Game(Day) Thread ***

khardbored

Oct 20, 2012
Middle of the Midwest
Interesting Tidbit I found today.
You may have heard on the podcasts that Ohio played Long Island in its 2nd game this year and that Baylor plays them today. Well, I grew up on Long Island and had never heard this team playing anyone of note and for good reason. LIU Brooklyn merged athletics departments with CW Post (college built on the estate of Marjorie Post; Post Cereal/General Foods) in 2019 and with that all sports bumped up to Div 1/FCS. Oh and they changed their name to the much cooler Sharks.

Anyway when I was digging I found this. “The Sharks finished winless in their first season. A month after the season ended, starting quarterback Clay Beathard was stabbed to death in Nashville, Tennessee.”

I had no clue CJs brother was their QB and found that interesting. They have 8 wins in 4 season and take on 0-2 Baylor today. Let’s go Sharks.

The guy who stabbed him (and 2 others!) was found guilty of murder last year: https://www.williamsonherald.com/ne...cle_9fa27e60-b167-11ec-855b-834aa0be5ae9.html

Reactions: ForbinsAscynt

bosco

Dec 21, 2008
Des Moines
Stupid "Sharps!"
han-solo-never.gif

Reactions: khardbored

CydeofFries

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 10, 2017
Seriously, we're going to miss the start of our game for Gameday? and I thought basketball season was bad