*** Official IOWA STATE vs Ohio Game(Day) Thread ***

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
This. Team seemed deflated before even kicking it off.

Look at Purdy and the 49ers. They look like they have fun playing football. Iowa State looks like they are enduring root canals and wisdom teeth removal out there.

You'd have fun playing football too if you had the kind of skillsets that Purdy gets to give the ball to.

Darius Bieber

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 22, 2017
San Antonio, TX
You'd have fun playing football too if you had the kind of skillsets that Purdy gets to give the ball to.
For sure, but I'm generally saying everyone on the team is having fun not just Purdy.

Also radio guys were saying Becht was throwing up during the game from the food poisoning in between drives. Any news or confirmation on that?

• Agree
Reactions: Ankency

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
The box score says they ran for 38 yards.

Can anyone at the game confirm the running backs took the opportunity to run 200m intervals on the track to ensure they got something out of the trip?

Saying “******** programs care about 6-6” seemed overly optimistic, but I think it fair to say ******** programs lose games on fields surrounded by tracks.

Running backs only got 11 yards on running plays.

Most of those were late in game when Rocco was allowed to play football.

Kinch

Sep 19, 2021
In 1994 Walden lost 28-14 to Northern Iowa on his way to a winless season, which included losses to Western Michigan and Rice. This probably ranks with those losses. Towards the end of the season, Iowa State hosted Missouri and only 31,000 showed up. Pollard is hoping that he is not staring a repeat of that.

Reactions: cymac2408

Jdk

Feb 27, 2019
Campbells post game interview was about as lame as our performance on the field mane 20 seconds it lasted about the same time our offense did something right today

Reactions: 67CY

HoustonClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 13, 2006
Campbells post game interview was about as lame as our performance on the field mane 20 seconds it lasted about the same time our offense did something right today

The entire locker room show was strange. Extremely short, choppy interviews, with zero substance. About as strange as this game.

Kinch

Sep 19, 2021
I don't want to blamecast, or define any factor for this loss, but the TD showed us there is a way forward...acting with alacrity, allowing Becht to roll and throw to the TE's. Why not play offense that way every series?
I imagine we will see a lot of doses of that from here on out.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron