*** Official IOWA STATE Vs Kansas Gameday Thread ***

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Yes. This is the story of what today's game amounts to. Crappy we lost and I'm pissed like the rest of us, but holy crap is this team gutsy. They are getting better, and for those who continuously criticize CSP, I wonder how they think the improvement is taking place. Proud of the Cyclones.

They didn't flinch tonight...that's not easy for a young team. AFH is a bunch of jackbags but it really is an outstanding home court.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
The mental part of the game eludes us in late game situations. At some point you hope the team learns but after 3 games with it in grasp they continue to make mental errors.

Read what you just posted there and think about it for a minute.

Reactions: urb1

BigLame

Feb 6, 2008
Western IA
The team is close. While some come across as ‘freshmen’ errors, far too many no matter what year the player is. They’ve played a ton of organized basketball yet too many mistakes are ones that simply shouldn’t occur as much as they do (in-bounds, for example). To me, lot of that is on the players & they need to be accountable for good portion of those.

Hope we stay the course & we get more in a groove & can grind out some wins, in particular a few in a row. The season is what most thought it would be it’s just that with a few small things in 3 of these 4 conference games & we likely have a couple or more wins.

WastedTalent

Oct 22, 2012
The intentional foul is an example why this team will never be good. They just don’t make smart basketball plays. They don’t do the little things well enough to win.

There’s talent there but they need to be coached a bit more.
you're trying way too hard.

• Agree
Reactions: NENick

Rogue52

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 20, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
Prohm asked the team to slow down when we were down by 2 with under 4 minutes left. Yet we don’t even get a shot off and still turn the ball over.

I’m not saying its a bad decision by Prohm, but I just don’t like the approach even if it may be right. I don’t feel we are going to beat Kansas in a half court game especially when we are already losing.

allfourcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 26, 2012
Loved the effort. Just wish DJ could put the ball on the floor and get to the rack or get fouled. Him getting blocked that late possession, giving the run out, and WIgg's two turnovers were just brutal. Proud of their effort tho

• Agree
Reactions: Jkclone15

herbicide

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Ankeny, IA
Now that they have 10 to practice, they need to concentrate on inbound plays.

Get a few of those back along with getting back on D after made shots, and we would of won this one.

browns4cy

Sep 3, 2014
Someone who loves stats needs to watch the final 4 minutes of the last 3 games and figure out how many turnovers, points scored, and how many we have been outscored by

GoSTATE71

May 19, 2008
If they can grind out a few wins in a row who knows. The talent and coaching is there. Clean up the mental mistakes in crunch time and we could be sitting 3-1 instead of 0-4. Last year Okie state started 0-6 then went on a great streak. Granted big 12 is much better but who knows. I'm not giving up on this team and at the least the games have been competitive.

• Optimistic
  • Agree
Reactions: maciues and hoosman

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
If they keep fighting, they’ll win some.

Not everything is a comparison, but compare and contrast this game to Iowa’s Maryland game. We have good players and a good coach.

Enjoy the wins, ignore the losses, next year will be better.

Reactions: NENick

flycy

Jul 17, 2008
Crescent, IA
Good game I saw improvement, love the future. I learned two things about Kansas tonight. 1. There streak will be over, that team lacks depth just like us and won' t hold up. 2. Every contested ball that goes out of bounds belongs to Kansas. It never goes off of them.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron