*** Official IOWA STATE vs Iowa Game(Day) THREAD ***

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Agreed we looked good except the blocked punts, the fumble, the two interceptions, and lining up offsides on what could have been a game ending fumble. It wasn't pretty. Glad we won.

That's kind of a long list, haha.

There was shades of real dominance shown. Just can't let that other **** happen.

Reactions: khardbored

CysRage

Oct 18, 2009
Disagree a bit. ISU looked pretty good other than the blocked punts and Brock's fumble. The 99 yard drive was impressive. We dominated the TOP and total yards. Now if Iowa had won, that would have been an ugly ugly win.
Iowa’s defense and special teams are elite. We knew that going into this game. An ugly but still good win by the clones. Good news for us was Iowa’s defense was exhausted being on the field all game. We took advantage of that with the 99 yard drive. ISU won on every stat and won and game. Clean up the punt coverage and turnovers (mental errors) and we win by 14+. Good news is those are things that can be worked on from week to week.

clones2005

Jan 14, 2017
That game couldn't have been much harder to watch, but so happy to have that monkey off our back. Hopefully like the difficulty getting past purple kitties a few years ago we can now go ahead and win a few straight to further exorcize some demons!

StPaulCyclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 9, 2008
Duh!
Disagree a bit. ISU looked pretty good other than the blocked punts and Brock's fumble. The 99 yard drive was impressive. We dominated the TOP and total yards. Now if Iowa had won, that would have been an ugly ugly win.
That was ugly as hell. We’ve won the stats the last few years except for TOs and points…and ultimately wins. Ugly, but it’s a dub.

sj4

Jun 12, 2012
Just going back thru the thread post game, and if they hadn't turned the ball over IN the end zone TWICE... they would have scored 4 times.

2 turnovers and 2 blocked punts... fix those and it's 20-0 and never close.
You got me on that one. I should have said 6-7 times. But I stand corrected. It would have pretty easy to get at least two more field goals.

Reactions: CascadeClone

Help Support Us

Become a patron