*Official Iowa-ISU Prediction Thread*

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
Interested to see the predictions for what should be a great game.

Aug 26, 2014
31-13 Clones. Iowa’s offense is terrible, and they struggle to stop the run up the middle. We score twice in the 4th quarter to blow the game wide open.
After the game, Baby Brian Ferentz is still a douche.

Aug 26, 2014
Our defensive line will stop their run game. Double team the tight ends, play press man coverage on their horrible wide receivers and Fat Stanley won’t have a clue what to do.
Douchebag Brian Ferentz isn’t smart enough to come up with any other plan so they will struggle all day.

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
Our defensive line will stop their run game. Double team the tight ends, play press man coverage on their horrible wide receivers and Fat Stanley won’t have a clue what to do.
Douchebag Brian Ferentz isn’t smart enough to come up with any other plan so they will struggle all day.

GFRkmzD.jpg

theiacowtipper

Sep 6, 2010
I’m all over the place with this. I truly think ISU can run the ball. I don’t think they will be able to run at will though. You can expect ISU to be able to move the ball in the first half, then Iowa to make adjustments to limit that in the second half.

To me, it really comes down to Stanley. Can he make the plays. He did last year against some pretty good teams, including ISU. However, he’s had some games that were just flat out not good.

In the end, ISU is going to get their points, and I’m just not certain that Stanley is consistent enough to get more points.

I know it’s Iowa’s Super Bowl, and the advantage that Iowa has by having multiple players dinged up is significant, but I’ll go 27-21. Stanley throw a pick on the last drive with about a minute to go to seal the win for ISU.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
I’m all over the place with this. I truly think ISU can run the ball. I don’t think they will be able to run at will though. You can expect ISU to be able to move the ball in the first half, then Iowa to make adjustments to limit that in the second half.

To me, it really comes down to Stanley. Can he make the plays. He did last year against some pretty good teams, including ISU. However, he’s had some games that were just flat out not good.

In the end, ISU is going to get their points, and I’m just not certain that Stanley is consistent enough to get more points.

I know it’s Iowa’s Super Bowl, and the advantage that Iowa has by having multiple players dinged up is significant, but I’ll go 27-21. Stanley throw a pick on the last drive with about a minute to go to seal the win for ISU.

ISU was a better second half team than first half team last year

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
Tough start for the Cyclones with no game experience.

Iowa does not have the explosion on offense to really capitalize.

14-3 at half

Iowa State comes out in the second half and plays our game...

The offensive line proves surprisingly efficient
David Montgomery makes fools all over the place
Kempt is super duper efficient about managing the game and third down

Air sucked out of the ball.

Our D-line asserts itself. Iowa only manages one more touchdown in the second half.

Iowa State eventually grinds out a 24-21 win.

Reactions: oldman and Redman97

CyBobby

Oct 18, 2006
Central Iowa

Quoting "I know it's Iowa's Super Bowl"......That sez it all and thats why thee CHOKE EYES have always dominated this series...Notice I did not say Rivalry.....

yowza

Jun 2, 2016
ISU was a better second half team than first half team last year

This isn't correct. Last year with Iowa you could tell what kind of game it was going to be based on how the first quarter went. If they were out of synch there was no getting back in synch. This was the worrisome part of the game last week when they came out and looked out of synch on offense. They corrected at the half and things started to click. Like it or not momentum has an impact and with the dropped ball by Fant right out of the gate it seemed to snowball for a while until after half time. Last year you kind of knew which Iowa showed up based on what the first quarter looked like.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
This isn't correct. Last year with Iowa you could tell what kind of game it was going to be based on how the first quarter went. If they were out of synch there was no getting back in synch. This was the worrisome part of the game last week when they came out and looked out of synch on offense. They corrected at the half and things started to click. Like it or not momentum has an impact and with the dropped ball by Fant right out of the gate it seemed to snowball for a while until after half time. Last year you kind of knew which Iowa showed up based on what the first quarter looked like.

This might surprise you but one game doesn't define the season for our program like it does for you. Last year CMC was great at halftime adjustments and we were a better team in the second half than the first half

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron