*** Official Iona vs IOWA STATE Game(day) Thread ***

Spanky

Oct 14, 2009
Oh no!
I'm sporting wood, if it lasts till game time it'll have been 4 hours and according to the commercial, I'm suppose to seek medical attention.
Anyone know if I can I get the game on a heart monitor?

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
I'm just glad this is not a night game.

High school kids all feebly tried to convince me to convince school they are sick today. I told them to charm the teachers into turning on the game. The one with a calculus test during the game wasn't optimistic. Teacher is a Cyclone, he suspects he's just giving the test and watching the game on his phone or something.

Clones8686

Jan 19, 2015
High school kids all feebly tried to convince me to convince school they are sick today. I told them to charm the teachers into turning on the game. The one with a calculus test during the game wasn't optimistic. Teacher is a Cyclone, he suspects he's just giving the test and watching the game on his phone or something.

To be fair, I remember one year when my parents let me stay home "sick" to watch a Cyclones first round game and I have no idea what I missed that day or had to make up, but I still remember watching the game. I think the one cool parent thing I'll do when I have kids is let them stay home if they want to watch the Cyclones NCAA tournament game. :)

GoSTATE71

May 19, 2008
Should be a good high scoring game based on how these 2 teams play.

Iowa State: 88
Iona: 81

I predict a major meltdown in this thread during the first half too when Iona jumps out to an 8 point lead before the guys take it back for good!

Pitt_Clone

Nov 15, 2007
Pittsburgh, PA
Lets eat Cyclones!

f91CyZL.gif
I think you forgot a comma. :smile:

Oh, and Goooooooooooooo Cyclones!!!

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
To be fair, I remember one year when my parents let me stay home "sick" to watch a Cyclones first round game and I have no idea what I missed that day or had to make up, but I still remember watching the game. I think the one cool parent thing I'll do when I have kids is let them stay home if they want to watch the Cyclones NCAA tournament game. :)

We quit trying to be cool when they outnumbered us.:smile: I think they'll be all good and the teachers will give in except the calculus test, and that kid will be done with the test in ten minutes tops and then he can try and finagle the teacher to let him go watch somewhere. If we make it to next week, they are on break. And it will be on the DVR when they get home.

My oldest remembers 9/11 as the day he had an algebra test and the teacher left the news on during the test.

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
Should be a good high scoring game based on how these 2 teams play.

Iowa State: 88
Iona: 81

I predict a major meltdown in this thread during the first half too when Iona jumps out to an 8 point lead before the guys take it back for good!

Three sure things in life: death, taxes, and CF meltdown regardless of how game ends.

cyclones12321

Feb 21, 2009
Newton Ia

I stayed home to, it was when we beat Minnesota in the first rd. Wanna say, Stinson, Blaylock, Clark days