*** Official Future CF Bracket Thread ***

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
As we enter the offseason it means the return of CF brackets. For the most part our inaugural first few were mostly received well so looking forward to doing future ones.

This thread has 2 purposes

- to have people submit theme ideas for bracket challenges
and
- for people to offer to be on future committees because without that these don't happen

I'm willing to be on almost any committee and continue the posting of bracket threads.

Couple ideas on my list: a cartoon bracket and a cereal bracket.

Idea list:
Cartoons
Cereal
Best Iowa City
Comedians
Bad Movies
Sports Movies
Fast Food
Pizza
Best movie villain
Best kids movie
Best SNL cast member
Best soft drink

Last edited:

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
I'm willing to be on Cereal committee.

A general opinion, based on what we did offseason '23, a general view, I think we should keep field at 64, without the First Four. I'm willing to bend to consensus preference, of course, just my opinion. Also, could depend on topic ... some themes have a larger number of possible qualifiers so 68 could be more warranted.

Reactions: CycloneRulzzz

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
I'm willing to be on Cereal committee.

A general opinion, based on what we did offseason '23, a general view, I think we should keep field at 64, without the First Four. I'm willing to bend to consensus preference, of course, just my opinion. Also, could depend on topic ... some themes have a larger number of possible qualifiers so 68 could be more warranted.
Cereal tourney is a great idea.

• Agree
Reactions: cyclones500

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
I know it's early and thread isn't very old but seems like there is enough people behind cereal to have that be the next CF bracket.

Now just leaves getting a committee together. While having many familiar faces is always good getting some new faces would be good to. It's actually quite fun.

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
Quandary for cereal tourney ... maybe it's something we'd have to decide at the committee level, but posting here to get max feedback: Do we separate pre-sweetened and non-sweetened into separate regions (like strive for 50/50 balance) or use strict seeding?

Extension of that, I wondered about consideration of cereal companies, but those are more like "conferences" and probably don't need special focus (and there's only about 4 main breakfast-makers anyway).

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
Quandary for cereal tourney ... maybe it's something we'd have to decide at the committee level, but posting here to get max feedback: Do we separate pre-sweetened and non-sweetened into separate regions (like strive for 50/50 balance) or use strict seeding?

Extension of that, I wondered about consideration of cereal companies, but those are more like "conferences" and probably don't need special focus (and there's only about 4 main breakfast-makers anyway).
That could get tricky because then you have to make sure there are = number of sweetened and non-sweetened cereals to ensure balanced regions, and there may be a bigger (I'm guessing a much bigger) % of sweetened cereals that deserve a spot in most peoples' opinion. Just my thought.

Reactions: cyclones500

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
I know it's early and thread isn't very old but seems like there is enough people behind cereal to have that be the next CF bracket.

Now just leaves getting a committee together. While having many familiar faces is always good getting some new faces would be good to. It's actually quite fun.
Cereal... this is about to become a god damn war zone in here.

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
That could get tricky because then you have to make sure there are = number of sweetened and non-sweetened cereals to ensure balanced regions, and there may be a bigger (I'm guessing a much bigger) % of sweetened cereals that deserve a spot in most peoples' opinion. Just my thought.
I tend to agree with your assessment.

Plus, it'll be more fun to have matchups like (random example) Wheaties vs. Froot Loops throughout the bracket, and not limited to later rounds.

Reactions: Gonzo

HoopsTournament

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
St. Joseph, MO
www.hoopstournament.net
Also, some sort of fast food burger bracket, or best pizza should be a consideration as well
Are there 64 fast food burgers? I like the idea of fast food restaurants with regions like “burgers”, “Mexican”, “chicken”, “other”

Pizza could be a separate one with regions being delivery, frozen, convenience store (e.g Casey’s, Hunt Brothers), fast casual (e.g. Pie Five, Mod Pizza, Pizza Studio)

Last edited:

RonBurgundy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 5, 2017
Best movie villain
Best kids movie
Best SNL cast member
Best soft drink

Just a few off the top of my head.

First 3 are great. What is “soft drink”? :jimlad: You mean pop?

lol. Not sure there are 64 pops to make a field.