****Official Class of 2020 Recruiting Thread****

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
Or we go after him because that’s how our spring has been. Happened last year, had to grab fall back options who later transferred. Hopefully he would be better than that but ya know

Who all did we sign last spring that transferred?

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
New target for the 2020 class.

http://www.verbalcommits.com/players/jaeden-zackery

@zsmart Stock is rapidly rising for '20 @jaedenzackery ...6-3 bullish PG is one of the top still available at his positions after avg 14 ppg and 7.5 APG @scotland_hoops ...Wisc. native now hearing from Long Beach St, Iowa State, Cal, South Dakota St, Loyola Chicago. Had breakout prep yr

739fbe44-1700-49fb-88b3-c3976dd5607c_text.gif

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
So just the one that was a Rivals 150? We struggled last spring, but depending on how Johnson does this upcoming season it wasn't a bad spring.

We did pretty well last spring. Picked up a big 12 level starter and potentially a second in Johnson. Grill wasn't a bad pickup either.

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
I watched probably 6/7 Dubar replays and I’ll be honest, I don’t remember this kid very vividly. He did not stand out. There were 4/5 other players on his team that I noticed more.

People like him though. He doesn’t stand out on highlights but people seem to really like his makeup.

isubb79

Jul 16, 2009
We did pretty well last spring. Picked up a big 12 level starter and potentially a second in Johnson. Grill wasn't a bad pickup either.
I watched or went to most of ISU’s bb games last year and I don’t remember a starter named Johnson

DSMCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 1, 2013
West Des Moines
I watched or went to most of ISU’s bb games last year and I don’t remember a starter named Johnson
Talking about Javan Johnson. Sit out transfer from Troy.

I think the point is that this spring has gone pretty terrible, no one disputes that, but they signed both Johnson and Grill in May last year. So still time to salvage this offseason.

WhoISthis

Oct 6, 2010
Talking about Javan Johnson. Sit out transfer from Troy.

I think the point is that this spring has gone pretty terrible, no one disputes that, but they signed both Johnson and Grill in May last year. So still time to salvage this offseason.
If we sign equivalents of Johnson and Grill this offseason, we’ll have a new coach in 2021-22. We won 12 games last season and are trying to fend off a similar season next year. I’m not sure how successful last spring was. I suppose we can point to the spring and fall of 2018 being worse.

Drew0311

Nov 7, 2019
Norwalk, Iowa
If we sign equivalents of Johnson and Grill this offseason, we’ll have a new coach in 2021-22. We won 12 games last season and are trying to fend off a similar season next year. I’m not sure how successful last spring was. I suppose we can point to the spring and fall of 2018 being worse.

I don’t agree with the new coach part but you are right that if we have last years level of spring we won’t be to good. However, we could still see big gains by the freshman and see that the following year could be good.

DSMCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 1, 2013
West Des Moines
Unless JP sees enough improvement to justify another year, or the money simply isn't there, I don't see how there's a scenario where there won't be a new coach after this season.

I was simply pointing out that decent transfers are still out there.
We would have had to hit on 4 of the top guys to move the needle for next year though, in my opinion.

WhoISthis

Oct 6, 2010
I don’t agree with the new coach part but you are right that if we have last years level of spring we won’t be to good. However, we could still see big gains by the freshman and see that the following year could be good.
Maybe we’ll surprise next year? Many of our best seasons have been! Lots of talent out there still

I’m very excited for 2021-22. If we add a couple of talented sitout transfers for that year, we could have a breakthrough year. Plus, anything we’d add next spring.

RustShack

Chiefs Dynasty
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 27, 2010
Overland Park
I still think Johnson is going to surprise people. Won’t be the best transfer we’ve ever had, but I don’t think he’ll be in the worst category either.

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
Former ISU target is Heading to UNC. He was still heavily considering Minnesota which is on a number of same wing targets in the transfer portal.

@EvanDaniels Kerwin Walton is North Carolina's sixth top 100 commitment in the 2020 recruiting class. Roy Williams class ranks No. 3 overall in the @247Sports Team Rankings.