***Official Big 12/SEC Challenge vs Auburn Gameday Thread***

BigBake

Mar 17, 2006
U'dale
Ah crap, finally upgraded yesterday and got a 60" HD and tonight's game is going to be in SD on ESPNU. Fracking crappy Dish Network.

Psiclone

Apr 11, 2006
Next few weeks suck.

(7 days) Monday v Auburn
(5 days) Saturday v UNI
(6 days) Friday v Iowa
(9 days) Sunday v George Mason

That's 4 games in 27 days. Average of one per week. Horrible.

Good practice time though. It's easy to forget how many of top players haven't played together before. Pretty amazing they've gelled so well at this point in the season. Also should mean we'll be rested and, hopefully, injury-free when conference play starts. Hate waiting though....

mjhavlo76

Jun 23, 2009
We will win both games decisively! No doubt about it. Your going to like the way we look, I guarantee it!

I wouldn't write either of these games as given wins.

Should we win, yes. Will we win, I hope so.

cyclonedave25

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
I died a little bit reading his post.
Since I miss tonight's game for class, I won't have a Hilton game between UMKC and Iowa. I think I hate life now.
Try missing 5 years worth of games in Hilton. I need to make it back for some, but bball games are hard to swing for me living in Chi.

Dryburn

Apr 3, 2006
Somewhere in the U.S.
I'm guessing this is just kind of the way the schedule came together. I would like to think it was planned this way to give the team more time to gel, but I'm guessing it is not that easy to manipulate a schedule that way.

I think it just seems a lot different this year because last year the team played in the Las Vegas thing right around Thanksgiving, but this year doesn't play in anything like that until around Christmas.

There was a big break last year though too. Between the last game before Christmas on December 19th, and the first conference game with Kansas on January 9th, ISU only played one game....against Yale on the 1st.

It does seem like it has been a long time between games though. Plus, ISU has only played 5, and other teams have played 7, 8 or more. ISU has played the fewest games of any ranked team. It will all even out in the end though.

Last edited:

Cyientist

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 18, 2013
Ankeny
I died a little bit reading his post.
Since I miss tonight's game for class, I won't have a Hilton game between UMKC and Iowa. I think I hate life now.

Everyone knows that there is an understanding that game day night classes are optional, or has it changed since I've been in school? :spinny:

ChiClones

Jun 11, 2013
Chicagoland
Try missing 5 years worth of games in Hilton. I need to make it back for some, but bball games are hard to swing for me living in Chi.

Which is why they need to schedule a non-con road game against DePaul, or Loyola, or UIC or even Northwestern. All decent teams that would give a quality road test.

MNCyGuy

Jan 14, 2009
Des Moines
I'm guessing this is just kind of the way the schedule came together. I would like to think it was planned this way to give the team more time to gel, but I'm guessing it is not that easy to manipulate a schedule that way.

I think it just seems a lot different this year because last year the team played in the Las Vegas thing right around Thanksgiving, but this year doesn't play in anything like that until around Christmas.

There was a big break last year though too. Between the last game before Christmas on December 19th, and the first conference game with Kansas on January 9th, ISU only played one game....against Yale on the 1st.

It does seem like it has been a long time between games though. Plus, ISU has only played 5, and other teams have played 7, 8 or more. It will all even out in the end though.

I think the big difference is the combination of big early wins for the MBB team and no bowl game. There was no big draw last year to shift your focus from FB to MBB and notice the vast wasteland that was the December schedule.

cyclonedave25

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
Which is why they need to schedule a non-con road game against DePaul, or Loyola, or UIC or even Northwestern. All decent teams that would give a quality road test.
I agree. The last ISU game I was at was the Duke game at the United Center and those games we played at UIC.

GoSTATE71

May 19, 2008
Seems like Auburn fans could care less, still talking about football win this past weekend and rightfully so. I did see on one of their message boards that a group of 10 was flying up to Ames today to come to the game so thats pretty cool, would not expect that for basketball. Of course, Auburn fans will travel anywhere in the country for a football game. I see Auburn was 9-23 last year so its easy to get why they don't care too much for basketball. I think we win by about 15 but come out slow and Auburn will come out motivated and ready to fight. We have a nice big target on our back and every team we face is going to play harder, faster, and smarter when they play a top 20 team.

Iowa State: 86
Auburn: 70

Pull away in last 10 minutes. Hopefully we dont sleep walk through this, Auburn is still an SEC team (not a good one) but we probably don't scare them as they play Kentucky, Florida, etc. yearly. Lets get it done tonight Cyclones!

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron