***OFFICIAL*** basketball is over, fire up for football thread ***

Chizit

Dec 21, 2008
Section L, Row 11
The only firing up I'll be doing for football this year is for the grill. I've been yearning for some tailgating and some outdoor drinking ever since the weather has turned nice.

CydlineFan

Oct 25, 2014
Ready to hit the ground running with momentum from the basketball season
attachment.php

Attachments

• treadmill.gif
    treadmill.gif
    1.1 MB · Views: 377

Ace000087

Jun 10, 2008
Fort Worth, TX
www.f35.com
Seriously you all... stop whining like spoiled children and support this team. They are just 18-22+ year old kids doing this for the love of the game. Some positivity around here wouldn't hurt. For f!ck's sake. We are FINALLY revamping out stadium after talking about it for the last 4+decades. No more "high school stadium" jokes, lets fill it up. It is a new year, with a Senior QB with talent at WR. Yes, we lost some heartbreaking games last year. It sucked. We all know this. The margin of error for ISU teams isn't significantly large. I think we at least owe them the benefit of the doubt to see how they do the first couple of games before we throw them off the cliff with the rest of the lemmings.

While I and others can understand that people are frustrated with the last coupe of seasons, there is one thing we can control as fans and show them support. People do notice (ESPN/FSN announcers, news paper articles and blogs) and it is tremendously positive not only for perception but as a foundation to build from. We have a very loyal and compassionate fan base. I think as fans we wouldn't be helping our cause if we turned a cold shoulder now.

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
Last season CW had the ticket going to the Spring Football game, that way we didn't have to wait nearly half a year for a major Iowa State sporting event.

Final42b

Jan 4, 2009
Ames
Our only hope is if we can find some kind of freak water boy to play linebacker for us

aeroclone

Oct 30, 2006
There is literally nothing that can be said in the off-season to get me excited about football. The only thing getting me back on board is wins on the field.

Reactions: CyBobby

CyBobby

Oct 18, 2006
Central Iowa
Not sure how we can get fired up for football season.

Truer words were never spoken...who in their right mind can get fired up for a football team that's won just One Conference Game in 2 Years......

We are officially worse than KU and that's whats really sad......

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
At least expectations are sufficiently low so no groin kicks

TheJackWePack5

Oct 2, 2011
Ankeny, IA.
Truer words were never spoken...who in their right mind can get fired up for a football team that's won just One Conference Game in 2 Years......

We've won 2** in 2 years FWIW.

That said, if we lose to UNI in the opener I may go off the deep end.

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
WOW, self-pity and worthlessness runs pretty deep here.
Oh wait no one cares about YOUR feelings.
Who are YOU that we should all feel bad for YOU.
New year ahead, pour a glass of lemonade and sip slowly, lets see what next year brings, oh look a rainbow!

That is one smarmy post right there. It's palpable.

demoncore1031

May 18, 2008
Albuquerque,NM
theslaughterhouse.freeforums.net

We could have a 358 game losing streak and I would still be fired up for the beginning of a new season. I'm going to watch every game that is televised no matter how bad we are. FOOOOOOOOOOOOTTTBBAAAAALLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!

Skidoosh

May 27, 2012
There is literally nothing that can be said in the off-season to get me excited about football. The only thing getting me back on board is wins on the field.

Tailgating. Beer. Women. Chili cheese fries. Bags. Beer. Tellytubby girls.